Issues in Central Bank Finance and Independence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Goodhart, Charles A E, 1999. "Myths about the Lender of Last Resort," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 339-360, November.
- Alain Ize, 2005. "Capitalizing Central Banks: A Net Worth Approach," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(2), pages 289-310, September.
- Olivier Jeanne & Lars E. O. Svensson, 2007.
"Credible Commitment to Optimal Escape from a Liquidity Trap: The Role of the Balance Sheet of an Independent Central Bank,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(1), pages 474-490, March.
- Jeanne, Olivier & Svensson, Lars E O, 2004. "Credible Commitment to Optimal Escape from a Liquidity Trap: The Role of the Balance Sheet of an Independent Central Bank," CEPR Discussion Papers 4599, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Olivier D Jeanne & Lars E. O. Svensson, 2004. "Credible Commitment to Optimal Escape from a Liquidity Trap; The Role of the Balance Sheet of an Independent Central Bank," IMF Working Papers 04/162, International Monetary Fund.
- Olivier Jeanne & Lars E.O. Svensson, 2004. "Credible Commitment to Optimal Escape from a Liquidity Trap: The Role of the Balance Sheet of an Independent Central Bank," NBER Working Papers 10679, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alfred Broaddus & Marvin Goodfriend, 1996. "Foreign exchange operations and the Federal Reserve," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Win, pages 1-20.
- Charles Goodhart, 1999. "Myths About the Lender of Last Resort," FMG Special Papers sp120, Financial Markets Group.
- Jean Tirole, 2006. "The Theory of Corporate Finance," Post-Print hal-00173191, HAL.
- C.A. Sims, 1999. "The Precarious Fiscal Foundations of EMU," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 34, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Peter Stella, 1997. "Do Central Banks Need Capital?," IMF Working Papers 97/83, International Monetary Fund.
- Luis Jácome & Eric Parrado, 2006.
"The Quest for Price Stability in Central America and the Dominican Republic,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
390, Central Bank of Chile.
- Eric Parrado & Luis Ignacio Jácome, 2007. "The Quest for Price Stability in Central America and the Dominican Republic," IMF Working Papers 07/54, International Monetary Fund.
- Alain Ize, 2007.
"Spending Seigniorage: Do Central Banks Have a Governance Problem?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 54(3), pages 563-589, July.
- Alain Ize, 2006. "Spending Seigniorage; Do Central Banks Have a Governance Problem?," IMF Working Papers 06/58, International Monetary Fund.
- George A Mackenzie & Peter Stella, 1996. "Quasi-Fiscal Operations of Public Financial Institutions," IMF Occasional Papers 142, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ricardo Reis, 2016.
"Can the Central Bank Alleviate Fiscal Burdens?,"
NBER Working Papers
23014, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reis, Ricardo, 2017. "Can the Central Bank Alleviate Fiscal Burdens?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11736, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Reis, Ricardo, 2017. "Can the central bank alleviate fiscal burdens?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 74324, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ricardo Reis, 2017. "Can the Central Bank Alleviate Fiscal Burdens?," CESifo Working Paper Series 6604, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ricardo Reis, 2016. "Can the Central Bank Alleviate Fiscal Burdens?," Discussion Papers 1701, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Jeff W. Huther & Jane E. Ihrig & Elizabeth C. Klee, 2017. "The Federal Reserve's Portfolio and its Effect on Interest Rates," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-075, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Aleksander Berentsen & Alessandro Marchesiani & Christopher Waller, 2014.
"Floor Systems for Implementing Monetary Policy: Some Unpleasant Fiscal Arithmetic,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 17(3), pages 523-542, July.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Alessandro Marchesiani & Christopher J. Waller, 2013. "Floor systems for implementing monetary policy: Some unpleasant fiscal arithmetic," ECON - Working Papers 121, Department of Economics - University of Zurich, revised Sep 2013.
- Stephen Quinn & William Roberds, 2016. "Death of a Reserve Currency," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 12(4), pages 63-103, December.
- Martin Mandel & Vladimír Zelenka, 2009.
"Ztráta centrální banky - účetní a ekonomický pohled na příkladě České národní banky
[Central bank Losses. An Economic and Accounting Perspective Using the Example of the Czech National Bank]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2009(6), pages 723-739.
- Peter Stella & Ulrich H Klueh, 2008. "Central Bank Financial Strength and Policy Performance; An Econometric Evaluation," IMF Working Papers 08/176, International Monetary Fund.
- Jacome H., Luis I. & Saadi Sedik, Tahsin & Townsend, Simon, 2012. "Can emerging market central banks bail out banks? A cautionary tale from Latin America," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 424-448.
- Julien Pinter, 2017. "Central bank financial strength and inflation: an empirical reassessment considering the key role of the fiscal support," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 17055, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Schwarz Claudia & Karakitsos Polychronis & Merriman Niall & Studener Werner, 2015.
"Why Accounting Matters: A Central Bank Perspective,"
Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-42, March.
- Schwarz, Claudia & Karakitsos, Polychronis & Merriman, Niall & Studener, Werner, 2014. "Why accounting matters: a central bank perspective," Occasional Paper Series 153, European Central Bank.
- repec:wsi:jicepx:v:04:y:2013:i:02:n:s1793993313500117 is not listed on IDEAS
- Favaretto, Federico & Masciandaro, Donato, 2016.
"Doves, hawks and pigeons: Behavioral monetary policy and interest rate inertia,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 50-58.
- Federico Favaretto & Donato Masciandaro, 2016. "Doves, Hawks and Pigeons: Behavioral Monetary Policy and Interest Rate Inertia," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1621, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Perera, Anil & Ralston, Deborah & Wickramanayake, Jayasinghe, 2013. "Central bank financial strength and inflation: Is there a robust link?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 399-414.
- Martin Cincibuch & Tomáš Holub & Jaromír Hurník, 2009. "Central Bank Losses and Economic Convergence," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 59(3), pages 190-215, August.
- repec:bla:reviec:v:25:y:2017:i:5:p:990-998 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jakob Korbinian Eberl, 2016. "The Collateral Framework of the Eurosystem and Its Fiscal Implications," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 69, November.
More about this item
KeywordsCentral bank capital; Central bank independence; Central banks; Capital flows; Capital account; central bank; national bank; reserve bank; inflation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2008-03-01 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2008-03-01 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2008-03-01 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:08/37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .