Importer and Producer Petroleum Taxation; A Geo-Political Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rubio, Santiago J. & Escriche, Luisa, 2001.
"Strategic pigouvian taxation, stock externalities and polluting non-renewable resources,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 297-313, February.
- Santiago J. Rubio & Luisa Escriche, 1998. "- Strategic Pigouvian Taxation, Stock Externalities And Polluting Non-Renewable Resources," Working Papers. Serie EC 1998-23, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Rosendahl, Knut Einar, 2004.
"Cost-effective environmental policy: implications of induced technological change,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 1099-1121, November.
- Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2002. "Cost-effective environmental policy: Implications of induced technological change," Discussion Papers 314, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Michael Keen & Jon Strand, 2007. "Indirect Taxes on International Aviation," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 28(1), pages 1-41, March.
- Hoel, Michael & Kverndokk, Snorre, 1996.
"Depletion of fossil fuels and the impacts of global warming,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 115-136, June.
- Snorre Kverndokk, 1994. "Depletion of Fossil Fuels and the impact of Global Warming," Discussion Papers 107, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Geroski, Paul A & Ulph, Alistair M & Ulph, David T, 1987. "A Model of the Crude Oil Market in Which Market Conduct Varies," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(388a), pages 77-86, Supplemen.
- Zhang, Lei, 1997. "Neutrality and Efficiency of Petroleum Revenue Tax: A Theoretical Assessment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(443), pages 1106-1120, July.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Daniel T. Slesnick & Peter J. Wilcoxen, 1992.
"Carbon Taxes and Economic Welfare,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1992 Micr), pages 393-454.
- Jorgenson, D.W. & Slesnick, D. & Wilcoxen, P.J., 1992. "Carbon Taxes and Economic Welfare," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1589, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Karp, Larry & Newbery, David M., 1991. "Optimal tariffs on exhaustible resources," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3-4), pages 285-299, May.
- Sinclair, Peter J N, 1992. "High Does Nothing and Rising Is Worse: Carbon Taxes Should Keep Declining to Cut Harmful Emissions," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 60(1), pages 41-52, March.
- Farzin, Y. H., 1996. "Optimal pricing of environmental and natural resource use with stock externalities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1-2), pages 31-57, October.
- Franz Wirl, 1995. "The exploitation of fossil fuels under the threat of global warming and carbon taxes: A dynamic game approach," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 5(4), pages 333-352, June.
- Bohringer, Christoph & Lange, Andreas, 2005.
"On the design of optimal grandfathering schemes for emission allowances,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 49(8), pages 2041-2055, November.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Lange, Andreas, 2003. "On the Design of Optimal Grandfathering Schemes for Emission Allowances," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-08, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Markusen, James R., 1975. "International externalities and optimal tax structures," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 15-29, February.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C, 1982. "On Capturing Oil Rents with a National Excise Tax," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 194-201, March.
- Liski, Matti & Tahvonen, Olli, 2004. "Can carbon tax eat OPEC's rents?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 1-12, January.
- Karp, Larry & Newbery, David M, 1991. "OPEC and the U.S. Oil Import Tariff," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(405), pages 303-313, March.
- Goulder, Lawrence H. & Mathai, Koshy, 2000. "Optimal CO2 Abatement in the Presence of Induced Technological Change," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-38, January.
- Ulph, Alistair & Ulph, David, 1994. "The Optimal Time Path of a Carbon Tax," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 857-868, Supplemen.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:touman:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:442-453 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:287-:d:128246 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jon Strand, 2007. "Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Supply for the G-7 Countries, with Emphasis on Germany," IMF Working Papers 07/299, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsOil; Oil consumption; Oil production; Taxation; Petroleum taxes; environmental externalities; Nash equilibrium; Stackelberg equilibrium; cap-and-trade schemes; exporter; exporters; petroleum consumption; carbon emissions;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:08/35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .