The Determinants of Stock Market Development in Emerging Economies; Is South Africa Different?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Wachtel, 2003. "How much do we really know about growth and finance?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q1, pages 33-47.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eleanya K. Nduka & Ugochukwu E. Anigbogu & Ishaku R. Nyiputen, 2016. "Investigating the Causal Relationship Between Stock Market and Aggregate Economic Performance of South Africa," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(4), pages 218-227, April.
- Andrew Phiri, 2017.
"Long-run equilibrium adjustment between inflation and stock market returns in South Africa: a nonlinear perspective,"
International Journal of Sustainable Economy,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(1), pages 19-33.
- Phiri, Andrew, 2016. "Long run equilibrium adjustment between inflation and stock market returns in South Africa: A nonlinear perspective," MPRA Paper 70260, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Relwende Sawadogo & Samuel Guerineau, 2015.
"Does Insurance Development Affect the Financial Markets in developing countries?,"
- Relwende SAWADOGO & Samuel GUERINEAU, 2015. "Does Insurance Development Affect the Financial Markets in developing countries?," Working Papers 201520, CERDI.
- M. Olufemi Saibu, 2012. "An analysis of causal nexus between foreign direct investment, exchange rate and financial market development in Nigeria (1970 to 2009)," African Journal of Economic and Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 95-102.
- repec:pal:assmgt:v:17:y:2016:i:5:d:10.1057_jam.2016.8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yu Hsing & Wen-jen Hsieh, 2011. "Impacts of macroeconomic variables on the stock market index in Poland: new evidence," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 334-343, May.
- Adam, Anokye M. & Tweneboah, George, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment and Stock market Development: Ghana’s Evidence," MPRA Paper 11985, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Sakiru Adebola Solarin & Pritish Kumar Sahu, 2015. "The effect of military expenditure on stock market development: panel evidence from system GMM estimates," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(3), pages 271-287, June.
- Ng, Adam & Ibrahim, Mansor H. & Mirakhor, Abbas, 2016. "Does trust contribute to stock market development?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 239-250.
- Pradhan, Rudra P. & Arvin, Mak B. & Hall, John H. & Bahmani, Sahar, 2014. "Causal nexus between economic growth, banking sector development, stock market development, and other macroeconomic variables: The case of ASEAN countries," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 155-173.
- Bekhet, Hussain Ali & Al-Smadi, Raed Walid, 2015. "Determinants of Jordanian foreign direct investment inflows: Bounds testing approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 27-35.
- Pasali, Selahattin Selsah, 2013. "Where is the cheese ? synthesizing a giant literature on causes and consequences of financial sector development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6655, The World Bank.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00648 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raymond K. DZIWORNU & Dadson AWUNYO-VITOR, 2013. "Stock Exchange Performance and Economic Growth in Ghana: Is There A Causal Link?," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(9), pages 1152-1165, September.
More about this item
KeywordsEmerging markets; Banking sector; Investment; Income; South Africa; Savings; Stock markets; Political risk; stock market; stock market development; private capital flows; capital flows;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2008-03-01 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-TRA-2008-03-01 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:08/32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.