Real Implications of Financial Linkages Between Canada and the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ambler, Steve & Cardia, Emanuela & Zimmermann, Christian, 2004.
"International business cycles: What are the facts?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 257-276, March.
- Steve Ambler & Emanuela Cardia & Christian Zimmermann, 1999. "International Business Cycles: What are the Facts?," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 90, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Ambler, S. & Cardia, E. & Zimmermann, C., 2000. "International Business Cycles: What Are the Facts?," Cahiers de recherche 2000-05, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- AMBLER, Steve & CARDIA, Emanuela & ZIMMERMANN, Christian, 2000. "International Business Cycles: What Are the Facts?," Cahiers de recherche 2000-05, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Christiano, Lawrence J. & Eichenbaum, Martin & Evans, Charles L., 1999.
"Monetary policy shocks: What have we learned and to what end?,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 65-148
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum & Charles L. Evans, 1997. "Monetary policy shocks: what have we learned and to what end?," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues WP-97-18, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum & Charles L. Evans, 1998. "Monetary Policy Shocks: What Have We Learned and to What End?," NBER Working Papers 6400, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2003. "Has the Business Cycle Changed and Why?," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2002, Volume 17, pages 159-230 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sims, Christopher A., 1992.
"Interpreting the macroeconomic time series facts : The effects of monetary policy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 975-1000, June.
- Christopher A. Sims, 1992. "Interpreting the Macroeconomic Time Series Facts: The Effects of Monetary Policy," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1011, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Christian Calmès, 2004.
"Regulatory Changes and Financial Structure: The Case of Canada,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 140(I), pages 1-35, March.
- Christian Calmès, 2004. "Regulatory Changes and Financial Structure: The Case of Canada," Staff Working Papers 04-26, Bank of Canada.
- Cushman, David O. & Zha, Tao, 1997.
"Identifying monetary policy in a small open economy under flexible exchange rates,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 433-448, August.
- David O. Cushman & Tao Zha, 1995. "Identifying monetary policy in a small open economy under flexible exchange rates," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 95-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Sellin, Peter, 2001. " Monetary Policy and the Stock Market: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 491-541, September.
- William English & Kostas Tsatsaronis & Edda Zoli, 2005. "Assessing the predictive power of measures of financial conditions for macroeconomic variables," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Investigating the relationship between the financial and real economy, volume 22, pages 228-52 Bank for International Settlements.
- Dungey, Mardi & Pagan, Adrian, 2000. "A Structural VAR Model of the Australian Economy," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 76(235), pages 321-342, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yan M Sun & Wendell A. Samuel, 2009. "ECCU Business Cycles; Impact of the U.S," IMF Working Papers 09/71, International Monetary Fund.
- Rupa Duttagupta & N. Barrera, 2010. "The Impact of the Global Crisis on Canada—What Do Macro-Financial Linkages Tell Us?," IMF Working Papers 10/5, International Monetary Fund.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Andrew J Swiston, 2008. "Spillovers Across NAFTA," IMF Working Papers 08/3, International Monetary Fund.
- P. Siklos, B. Lavender, 2014.
"The Credit Cycle And The Business Cycle In Canada And The U.S.: Two Solitudes,"
LCERPA Working Papers
wm0065, Laurier Centre for Economic Research and Policy Analysis.
- Pierre L. Siklos, Brady Lavender, 2015. "The credit cycle and the business cycle in Canada and the U.S.: Two solitudes?," LCERPA Working Papers 0085, Laurier Centre for Economic Research and Policy Analysis, revised 01 Feb 2015.
- Pierre L. Siklos, Brady Lavender, 2015. "The credit cycle and the business cycle in Canada and the U.S.: Two solitudes?," LCERPA Working Papers 0084, Laurier Centre for Economic Research and Policy Analysis, revised 01 Feb 2015.
- Lange, Ronald H., 2014. "The small open macroeconomy and the yield curve: A state-space representation," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 1-21.
- Kingsley I. Obiora, 2010. "Do countries catch cold when trading partners sneeze? Evidence from spillovers in the Baltics," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 34(2), pages 143-160.
- Jean Louis, Rosmy & Brown, Ryan & Balli, Faruk, 2011.
"On the feasibility of monetary union: Does it make sense to look for shocks symmetry across countries when none of the countries constitutes an optimum currency area?,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2701-2718.
- Jean Louis, Rosmy & Brown, Ryan & Balli, Faruk, 2011. "On the Feasibility of Monetary Union: Does It Make Sense to Look for Shocks Symmetry across Countries When None of the Countries Constitutes an Optimum Currency Area?," MPRA Paper 39942, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vasishtha, Garima & Maier, Philipp, 2013.
"The impact of the global business cycle on small open economies: A FAVAR approach for Canada,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 191-207.
- Garima Vasishtha & Philipp Maier, 2011. "The Impact of the Global Business Cycle on Small Open Economies: A FAVAR Approach for Canada," Staff Working Papers 11-2, Bank of Canada.
- Louis, Rosmy J & Brown, Ryan & Balli, Faruk, 2009. "Are Mortgage Rates Bubbling Up Trouble for Canadas Metropolitan Housing Sector?," MPRA Paper 17245, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- International Monetary Fund, 2009. "Decoupling from the East Toward the West? Analyses of Spillovers to the Baltic Countries," IMF Working Papers 09/125, International Monetary Fund.
- Mohamed BELHEDI & Ines SLAMA & Amine LAHIANI, 2015. "Tranmission Of International Shocks To An Emerging Small Open-Economy: Evidence From Tunisia," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 42, pages 231-258.
- International Monetary Fund, 2012. "Paraguay; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 12/212, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic conditions; Capital markets; Canada; United States; trade linkages; financial linkages; SVAR; gdp growth; real gdp; bonds; stock prices; corporate bonds;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-FDG-2008-03-01 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-OPM-2008-03-01 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:08/23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .