Investment Incentives and Effective Tax Rates in the Philippines; A Comparison With Neighboring Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dennis Botman & Alexander Klemm & Reza Baqir, 2010. "Investment incentives and effective tax rates in the Philippines: a comparison with neighboring countries," Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 166-191.
References listed on IDEAS
- Devereux, Michael P & Griffith, Rachel, 2003. "Evaluating Tax Policy for Location Decisions," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 10(2), pages 107-126, March.
- Antonio Estache & Vitor Gaspar, 1995. "Why Tax Incentives Don't Promote Investment in Brazil," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44076, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Chris Doyle & Sweder Wijnbergen, 1994.
"Taxation of foreign multinationals: A sequential bargaining approach to tax holidays,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 1(3), pages 211-225, October.
- Doyle, Christopher & van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1984. "Taxation of Foreign Multinationals: A Sequential Bargaining Approach to Tax Holidays," CEPR Discussion Papers 25, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alexander D Klemm, 2008. "Effective Average Tax Rates for Permanent Investment," IMF Working Papers 08/56, International Monetary Fund.
- Gordon, Roger H. & Hines, James Jr, 2002. "International taxation," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 28, pages 1935-1995 Elsevier.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 2000.
"How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?," NBER Working Papers 6030, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 63, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Renato E. Reside Jr., 2006. "Towards Rational Fiscal Incentives (Good Investments or Wasted Gifts?)," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 200601, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- Nigel A Chalk, 2001. "Tax Incentives in The Philippines; A Regional Perspective," IMF Working Papers 01/181, International Monetary Fund.
- Mintz, Jack M, 1990. "Corporate Tax Holidays and Investment," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(1), pages 81-102, January.
- Rafaelita M. Aldaba, 2006.
"FDI Investment Incentive System and FDI Inflows : The Philippine Experience,"
Finance Working Papers
22335, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 2008. "FDI Investment Incentive System and FDI Inflows: the Philippine Experience," Research Paper Series RPS 2007-03, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 2006. "FDI Investment Incentive System and FDI Inflows: The Philippine Experience," Discussion Papers DP 2006-20, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Bernstein, Jeffrey & Shah, Anwar, 1993. "Corporate tax structure and production," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1196, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Nguyen-Thanh & Christoph Strupat, 2012. "Is the Burden Too Small? – Effective Tax Rates in Ghana," Ruhr Economic Papers 0389, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0389 is not listed on IDEAS
- Somaya Ahmed Aly Abdel-Mowla, 2012. "The Egyptian tax system reforms, investment and tax evasion (2004-2008)," Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 53-78, January.
- Parel, Danileen Kristel C., 2017. "Evaluation of Fiscal Incentives in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2017-26, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Nguyen-Thanh, David & Strupat, Christoph, 2012. "Is the Burden Too Small? – Effective Tax Rates in Ghana," Ruhr Economic Papers 389, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2016. "Growing Inclusive Businesses in the Philippines: The Role of Government Policies and Programs," Discussion Papers DP 2016-06, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Alexander Klemm, 2010.
"Causes, benefits, and risks of business tax incentives,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 17(3), pages 315-336, June.
- Alexander D Klemm, 2009. "Causes, Benefits, and Risks of Business Tax Incentives," IMF Working Papers 09/21, International Monetary Fund.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2016. "Growing Inclusive Businesses in the Philippines: The Role of Government Policies and Programs," Research Paper Series DP 2016-06, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Danileen Kristel C Parel, 2017. "Evaluation of Fiscal Incentives in the Philippines," Working Papers id:12068, eSocialSciences.
- Masaaki Suzuki, 2013. "Corporate Effective Tax Rates in Asian Countries," KIER Working Papers 875, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- repec:spr:eurase:v:7:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s40822-017-0066-0 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate taxes; Investment incentives; Southeast Asia; Revenue sources; Philippines; Tax reforms; Effective tax rates; South-East Asia; Tax holidays; tax rates; tax incentives; tax rate; taxation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2008-10-07 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2008-10-07 (Public Finance)
- NEP-SEA-2008-10-07 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:08/207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.