Equilibrium Non-Oil Current Account Assessments for Oil Producing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghosh, Atish R. & Ostry, Jonathan D., 1997.
"Macroeconomic uncertainty, precautionary saving, and the current account,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, pages 121-139.
- Jonathan David Ostry & Atish R. Ghosh, 1992. "Macroeconomic Uncertainty, Precautionary Savings and the Current Account," IMF Working Papers 92/72, International Monetary Fund.
- Alonso A Segura Vasi, 2006. "Management of Oil Wealth Under the Permanent Income Hypothesis; The Case of São Tomé and Príncipe," IMF Working Papers 06/183, International Monetary Fund.
- Ghosh, Atish R, 1995. "International Capital Mobility amongst the Major Industrialised Countries: Too Little or Too Much?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(428), pages 107-128, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- International Monetary Fund, 2012. "Algeria; Selected Issues Paper," IMF Staff Country Reports 12/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert C York & Misa Takebe, 2011. "External Sustainability of Oil-Producing Sub-Saharan African Countries," IMF Working Papers 11/207, International Monetary Fund.
- Cherif, Reda & Hasanov, Fuad, 2013.
"Oil Exporters’ Dilemma: How Much to Save and How Much to Invest,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 120-131.
- Reda Cherif & Fuad Hasanov, 2012. "Oil Exporters' Dilemma; How Much to Save and How Much to Invest," IMF Working Papers 12/4, International Monetary Fund.
- Bems, Rudolfs & de Carvalho Filho, Irineu, 2011. "The current account and precautionary savings for exporters of exhaustible resources," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 48-64, May.
- Alun H. Thomas & Tamim Bayoumi, 2009. "Today versus Tomorrow - The Sensitivity of the Non-Oil Current Account Balance to Permanent and Current Income," IMF Working Papers 09/248, International Monetary Fund.
- Irineu E de Carvalho Filho & Rudolfs Bems, 2009. "Exchange Rate Assessments; Methodologies for Oil Exporting Countries," IMF Working Papers 09/281, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Current account balances; Nonoil sector; Oil producing countries; Oil prices; exchange rate assessment; oil-exporting countries; consumption smoothing; current account; current account balance; current accounts; current account deficit; current account deficits;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2008-10-07 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2008-10-07 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
- NEP-SEA-2008-10-07 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:08/198. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .