Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Buchen, Peter W. & Kelly, Michael, 1996. "The Maximum Entropy Distribution of an Asset Inferred from Option Prices," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 143-159, March.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Manmohan Singh & Jochen R. Andritzky, 2006. "The Pricing of Credit Default Swaps During Distress," IMF Working Papers 06/254, International Monetary Fund.
- Miller, Douglas J. & Liu, Wei-han, 2002. "On the recovery of joint distributions from limited information," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 259-274, March.
- Jorge A Chan-Lau, 2006. "Market-Based Estimation of Default Probabilities and its Application to Financial Market Surveillance," IMF Working Papers 06/104, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dicembrino, Claudio & Scandizzo, Pasquale Lucio, 2011.
"Can portfolio diversification increase systemic risk? evidence from the U.S and European mutual funds market,"
33715, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claudio Dicembrino & Pasquale Lucio Scandizzo, 2012. "Can Portfolio Diversification increase Systemic Risk? Evidence from the U.S and European Mutual Funds Market," CEIS Research Paper 240, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 11 Jul 2012.
- Philipp Matros & Johannes Vilsmeier, 2012. "Measuring Option Implied Degree of Distress in the US Financial Sector Using the Entropy Principle," Working Papers 123, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Matros, Philipp & Vilsmeier, Johannes, 2012. "Measuring option implied degree of distress in the US financial sector using the entropy principle," Discussion Papers 30/2012, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Johannes Vilsmeier, 2011. "Updating the Option Implied Probability of Default Methodology," Working Papers 107, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Dimitrios Bisias & Mark Flood & Andrew W. Lo & Stavros Valavanis, 2012. "A Survey of Systemic Risk Analytics," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 4(1), pages 255-296, October.
- Rainer Masera, 2011. "Taking the moral hazard out of banking: the next fundamental step in financial reform," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 64(257), pages 105-142.
- Zer, Ilknur, 2015. "Information Disclosures, Default Risk, and Bank Value," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-104, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Saldías, Martín, 2013.
"Systemic risk analysis using forward-looking Distance-to-Default series,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 498-517.
- Martin Saldías Zambrana, 2010. "Systemic risk analysis using forward-looking distance-to-default series," Working Paper 1005, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Martín Saldías, 2012. "Systemic Risk Analysis using Forward-Looking Distance-to-Default Series," Working Papers w201216, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Vilsmeier, Johannes, 2011. "Updating the Option Implied Probability of Default Methodology," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 462, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Stefano Fenoaltea, 2010. "The reconstruction of historical national accounts: the case of Italy," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 63(252), pages 77-96.
- Matros, Philipp & Vilsmeier, Johannes, 2014. "The multivariate option iPoD framework: assessing systemic financial risk," Discussion Papers 20/2014, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Philipp Matros & Johannes Vilsmeier, 2013. "The Multivariate Option iPoD Framework - Assessing Systemic Financial Risk," Working Papers 143, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Rainer Masera, 2010. "Reforming financial systems after the crisis: a comparison of EU and USA," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 63(255), pages 299-362.
- Sessi Tokpavi, 2013. "Testing for the Systemically Important Financial Institutions: a Conditional Approach," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-27, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Jose Giancarlo Gasha & Andre O Santos & Jorge A Chan-Lau & Carlos I. Medeiros & Marcos R Souto & Christian Capuano, 2009. "Recent Advances in Credit Risk Modeling," IMF Working Papers 09/162, International Monetary Fund.
- Madan, Dilip B. & Schoutens, Wim, 2013. "Systemic risk tradeoffs and option prices," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 222-230.
- Vilsmeier, Johannes, 2014. "Updating the option implied probability of default methodology," Discussion Papers 43/2014, Deutsche Bundesbank.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial risk; Financial institutions; Bond markets; Credit; Risk management; endogenous default barrier; cross-entropy; option contracts; volatility smile; probability; probability density function; probability density; bond; bonds;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:08/194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.