Investigating Inflation Dynamics in Sudan
This paper investigates inflation dynamics in Sudan using three different approaches: the single equation model, the structural vector-auto regression model and a vector error correction model. This is the first study in a low-income and a post-conflict country that uses these three separate techniques to understand inflation dynamics. The use of these approaches is particularly useful to check the robustness of the estimated parameters in the model for a country with limited data coverage and possible structural breaks. The estimated results suggest that money supply growth and nominal exchange rate changes affect inflation with 18-24 months time lag.
|Date of creation:||01 Jul 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA|
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nkunde Mwase, 2006. "An Empirical Investigation of the Exchange Rate Pass-Through to Inflation in Tanzania," IMF Working Papers 06/150, International Monetary Fund.
- Régis Barnichon & Shanaka J. Peiris, 2008.
"Sources of Inflation in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 17(5), pages 729-746, November.
- Shanaka J Peiris & Régis Barnichon, 2007. "Sources of Inflation in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 07/32, International Monetary Fund.
- Nikolay Gueorguiev, 2003. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through in Romania," IMF Working Papers 03/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Jonathan McCarthy, 2007. "Pass-Through of Exchange Rates and Import Prices to Domestic Inflation in Some Industrialized Economies," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 33(4), pages 511-537, Fall.
- J. McCarthy, 1999. "Pass-through of exchange rates and import prices to domestic inflation in some industrialised economies," BIS Working Papers 79, Bank for International Settlements.
- Jonathan McCarthy, 2000. "Pass-through of exchange rates and import prices to domestic inflation in some industrialized economies," Staff Reports 111, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Darrel Cohen & Kevin Hassett & R. Glenn Hubbard, 1999. "Inflation and the User Cost of Capital: Does Inflation Still Matter?," NBER Chapters,in: The Costs and Benefits of Price Stability, pages 199-234 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Darrel Cohen & Kevin A. Hassett & R. Glenn Hubbard, 1997. "Inflation and the User Cost of Capital: Does Inflation Still Matter?," NBER Working Papers 6046, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Rossi & Daniel Leigh, 2002. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through in Turkey," IMF Working Papers 02/204, International Monetary Fund.
- Alexei P Kireyev, 2001. "Financial Reforms in Sudan; Streamlining Bank Intermediation," IMF Working Papers 01/53, International Monetary Fund.
- Rodolphe Blavy, 2004. "Inflation and Monetary Pass-Through in Guinea," IMF Working Papers 04/223, International Monetary Fund. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)