What Goes Up Must Come Down? House Price Dynamics in the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joshua Gallin, 2006. "The Long-Run Relationship between House Prices and Income: Evidence from Local Housing Markets," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 34(3), pages 417-438, September.
- Malpezzi, Stephen, 1999. "A Simple Error Correction Model of House Prices," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 27-62, March.
- Calvin Schnure, 2005. "Boom-Bust Cycles in Housing; The Changing Role of Financial Structure," IMF Working Papers 05/200, International Monetary Fund.
- Dennis R. Capozza & Patric H. Hendershott & Charlotte Mack & Christopher J. Mayer, 2002. "Determinants of Real House Price Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 9262, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dennis R. Capozza & Charlotte Mack & Patric H. Hendershott & Christopher J. Mayer, 2002. "The Determinants of House Price Dynamics," ERES eres2002_106, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vansteenkiste, Isabel & Hiebert, Paul, 2011. "Do house price developments spillover across euro area countries? Evidence from a global VAR," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 299-314.
- Dieter Gerdesmeier & Andreja Lenarčič & Barbara Roffia, 2015.
"An alternative method for identifying booms and busts in the Euro area housing market,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(5), pages 499-518, January.
- Gerdesmeier, Dieter & Roffia, Barbara & Lenarcic, Andreja, 2012. "An alternative method for identifying booms and busts in the euro area housing market," Working Paper Series 1493, European Central Bank.
- Conefrey, Thomas & Whelan, Karl, 2012.
"Supply, Demand and Prices in the US Housing Market,"
Research Technical Papers
08/RT/12, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Thomas Conefrey & Karl Whelan, 2013. "Supply, Demand and Prices in the US Housing Market," Working Papers 201307, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Nélson Leitão Paes & Cássio Da Nóbrega Besarria & Marcelo Eduardo Alves Da Silva, 2018. "Bubbles In The Prices Of Housing? Evidence To Brazil?S Economy," Anais do XLIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 44th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 118, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- P. Arestis & A.R. González, 2014. "Modelling the housing market in OECD countries," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 131-153, March.
- Hiebert, Paul & Vansteenkiste, Isabel, 2009. "Do house price developments spill over across euro area countries? Evidence from a Global VAR," Working Paper Series 1026, European Central Bank.
- Pan, Huiran & Wang, Chun, 2013. "House prices, bank instability, and economic growth: Evidence from the threshold model," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1720-1732.
- Luis M. Cubeddu & Camilo E Tovar Mora & Evridiki Tsounta, 2012. "Latin America; Vulnerabilities Under Construction?," IMF Working Papers 12/193, International Monetary Fund.
- Chan Lily & Ng Heng Tiong & Rishi Ramchand, 2012. "A cluster analysis approach to examining Singapore’s property market," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Property markets and financial stability, volume 64, pages 43-53 Bank for International Settlements.
- Leung, Charles Ka Yui, 2014.
"Error correction dynamics of house prices: An equilibrium benchmark,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 75-95.
- Leung, Charles Ka Yui, 2014. "Error correction dynamics of house prices: an equilibrium benchmark," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 177, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Leung, Charles Ka Yui, 2014. "Error Correction Dynamics of House Prices: an Equilibrium Benchmark," MPRA Paper 55654, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- KARGI, Bilal, 2013.
"Konut Piyasası ve Ekonomik Büyüme İlişkisi: Türkiye Üzerine Zaman Serileri Analizi (2000-2012)
[Housing market and economic growth relation: time series analysis over Turkey (2000-2012)]," MPRA Paper 55694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Smith, Scott & Fuller, Debra & Bogin, Alex & Polkovnichenko, Nataliya & Weiher, Jesse, 2016.
"Countercyclical capital regime revisited: Tests of robustness,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 50-78.
- Scott Smith & Debra Fuller & Alexander N. Bogin & Nataliya Polkovnichenko & Jesse Weiher, 2014. "Countercyclical Capital Regime Revisited: Test of Robustness," FHFA Staff Working Papers 14-01, Federal Housing Finance Agency.
- Vílchez, Diego, 2015. "Evaluando las Dinámicas de Precios en el Sector Inmobiliario: Evidencia para Perú," Working Papers 2015-013, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Evridiki Tsounta, 2009. "Is the Canadian Housing Market Overvalued? A Post-crisis Assessment," IMF Working Papers 09/235, International Monetary Fund.
- Diego Vílchez, "undated". "Assessing the House Price Dynamics in Lima," IHEID Working Papers 09-2015, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Alessio Ciarlone, 2015. "House price cycles in emerging economies," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(1), pages 17-52, March.
- Kristine Gevorgyan, 2015. "Analysis of Price Bubbles on the Czech Real Estate Market," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(5), pages 45-63.
- Seoung Hwan Suh & Kabsung Kim, 2014. "Global financial crisis and early warning system of Korean housing market," Chapters,in: The Global Financial Crisis and Housing, chapter 4, pages 62-81 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Deniz O Igan & Prakash Loungani, 2012. "Global Housing Cycles," IMF Working Papers 12/217, International Monetary Fund.
- Scott Smith & Jesse Weiher, 2012. "Countercyclical Capital Regime – A Proposed Design and Empirical Evaluation," FHFA Staff Working Papers 12-02, Federal Housing Finance Agency.
- repec:nbb:ecrart:y:2017:m:june:i:i:p:61-77 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHousing prices; United States; House prices; home price; mortgage; equation; equations; foreclosure;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:08/187. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.