Natural Resource Endowments, Governance, and the Domestic Revenue Effort; Evidence from a Panel of Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Moore, Mick, 2007. "How Does Taxation Affect the Quality of Governance?," Working Papers 12795, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
- Collier, Paul, 2006. "Is Aid Oil? An Analysis Of Whether Africa Can Absorb More Aid," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1482-1497, September.
- Abhijit Sen Gupta, 2007. "Determinants of Tax Revenue Efforts in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 07/184, International Monetary Fund.
- Keefer, Philip & Knack, Stephen, 1997. "Why Don't Poor Countries Catch Up? A Cross-National Test of Institutional Explanation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(3), pages 590-602, July.
- Alexander Pivovarsky & Benedict J. Clements & Sanjeev Gupta & Erwin H Tiongson, 2003. "Foreign Aid and Revenue Response; Does the Composition of Aid Matter?," IMF Working Papers 03/176, International Monetary Fund.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Badeeb, Ramez Abubakr & Lean, Hooi Hooi & Clark, Jeremy, 2017.
"The evolution of the natural resource curse thesis: A critical literature survey,"
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 123-134.
- Ramez Badeed & Hooi Hooi Lean & Jeremy Clark, 2016. "The Evolution of the Natural Resource Curse Thesis: A Critical Literature Survey," Working Papers in Economics 16/05, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Raul Caruso & Jacopo Costa & Roberto Ricciuti, 2011.
"The probability of military rule in Africa, 1970-2007,"
2011/26, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Jacopo Costa & Raul Caruso & Roberto Ricciuti, 2012. "The Probability of Military Rule in Africa, 1970-2007," Working Papers 17/2012, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2012.
"Fiscal Institutions in Resource-Rich Economies: Lessons from Chile and Norway,"
Documentos de Trabajo
416, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2012. "Fiscal Institutions in Resource-Rich Economies: Lessons from Chile and Norway," Working Papers 682, Economic Research Forum, revised 2012.
- Keen, Michael & Lockwood, Ben, 2010.
"The value added tax: Its causes and consequences,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 138-151, July.
- Ben Lockwood & Michael Keen, 2007. "The Value-Added Tax; Its Causes and Consequences," IMF Working Papers 07/183, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael Keen & Ben Lockwood, 2007. "The Value Added Tax: Its Causes and Consequences," Economics Working Papers ECO2007/09, European University Institute.
- Keen, Michael & Lockwood, Ben, 2007. "The Value Added Tax : Its Causes and Consequences," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 801, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Carsten Hefeker, 2010.
"Taxation, corruption and the exchange rate regime,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 338-346, March.
- Hefeker, Carsten, 2008. "Taxation, corruption and the exchange rate regime," HWWI Research Papers 2-12, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Carsten Hefeker, 2009. "Taxation, Corruption and the Exchange Rate Regime," CESifo Working Paper Series 2561, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hefeker, Carsten, 2008. "Taxation, Corruption and the Exchange Rate Regime," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Zurich 2008 17, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Carsten Hefeker, 2009. "Taxation, Corruption and the Exchange Rate Regime," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200911, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Roberto Zoboli, 2012. "A Political Economy Approach to Resource Taxation: Weak Sustainability, Revenue Recycling and Regional Planning," Working Papers 201202, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Paul Collier & Rick Van Der Ploeg & Michael Spence & Anthony J Venables, 2010.
"Managing Resource Revenues in Developing Economies,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(1), pages 84-118, April.
- Paul Collier & Frederick van der Ploeg & Michael Spence & Anthony J Venables, 2009. "Managing Resource Revenues in Developing Economies," OxCarre Working Papers 015, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- van den Boogaard, Vanessa & Prichard, Wilson & Milicic, Nikola & Benson, Matthew, 2016. "Tax Revenue Mobilization in Conflict-Affected Developing Countries," Working Papers 13551, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
- Giulia Mascagni, 2014. "Aid and Taxation: Evidence from Ethiopia," Working Paper Series 7314, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Godin, M. & Hindriks, J., 2015.
"A Review of Critical Issues on Tax Design and Tax Administration in a Global Economy and Developing Countries,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2015028, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mattéo Godin & Jean Hindriks, 2015. "A Review of critical issues on tax design and tax administration in a global economy and developing countries," BeFinD Working Papers 0107, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Segal, Paul, 2012.
"How to spend it: Resource wealth and the distribution of resource rents,"
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 340-348.
- Segal, Paul, 2011. "How to spend it: resource wealth and the distribution of resource rents," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 55664, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Vanessa van den Boogaard & Wilson Prichard & Nikola Milicic & Matthew Benson, 2016. "Tax revenue mobilization in conflict-affected developing countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 155, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Shantayanan Devarajan, Hélène Ehrhart, Tuan Minh Le, Gaël Raballan, 2011. " Direct Redistribution, Taxation, and Accountability in Oil-Rich Economies- A Proposal- Working Paper 281," Working Papers 281, Center for Global Development.
- Justin O Zake, 2011. "Customs Administration Reform and Modernization in anglophone Africa; Early 1990's to Mid-2010," IMF Working Papers 11/184, International Monetary Fund.
- Torfinn Harding & Frederick Van der Ploeg, 2009. "Is Norway's Bird-in-Hand Stabilization Fund Prudent Enough? Fiscal Reactions to Hydrocarbon Windfalls and Graying Populations," CESifo Working Paper Series 2830, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:nam:befdwp:7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tahseen Ajaz & Eatzaz Ahmad, 2010. "The Effect of Corruption and Governance on Tax Revenues," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 49(4), pages 405-417.
More about this item
KeywordsCorruption; Oil revenues; Governance; Hydrocarbons; Taxation; hydrocarbon revenues; domestic revenue effort; government revenue; equation; statistics; autocorrelation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2008-08-06 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2008-08-06 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2008-08-06 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:08/170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .