Competitiveness in the Southern Euro Area; France, Greece, Italy, Portugal, and Spain
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tamim Bayoumi & Jaewoo Lee & Sarma Jayanthi, 2006. "New Rates from New Weights," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 53(2), pages 1-4.
- Menzie Chinn, 2006.
"A Primer on Real Effective Exchange Rates: Determinants, Overvaluation, Trade Flows and Competitive Devaluation,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 115-143, January.
- Menzie D. Chinn, 2005. "A Primer on Real Effective Exchange Rates: Determinants, Overvaluation, Trade Flows and Competitive Devaluation," NBER Working Papers 11521, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ian Marsh & Stephen Tokarick, 1996. "An assessment of three measures of competitiveness," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 132(4), pages 700-722, December.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor, 1995. "Competitiveness and External Trade Performance of the French Manufacturing Industry," IMF Working Papers 95/137, International Monetary Fund.
- J. Peter Neary, 2006.
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 37(2), pages 197-213.
- J. Peter Neary, 2005. "Measuring competitiveness," Working Papers 200521, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Neary, J Peter, 2006. "Measuring Competitiveness," CEPR Discussion Papers 5982, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- J. Peter Neary, 2006. "Measuring Competitiveness," IMF Working Papers 06/209, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Florian Verheyen, 2015. "The role of non-price determinants for export demand," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 107-125, March.
- Ruo Chen & Gian M Milesi-Ferretti & Thierry Tressel, 2012. "External Imbalances in the Euro Area," IMF Working Papers 12/236, International Monetary Fund.
- Nicos Christodoulakis & Vassilis Sarantides, 2017.
"External Asymmetries in the Euro Area and the Role of Foreign Direct Investment,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 393-423, February.
- Nicos Christodoulakis & Vassilis Sarantides, 2011. "External asymmetries in the euro area and the role of foreign direct investment," Working Papers 132, Bank of Greece.
- Athanasoglou, Panayiotis, 2011.
"The role of product variety and quality and of domestic supply in foreign trade,"
32034, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Panayiotis P. Athanasoglou, 2011. "The role of product variety and quality and of domestic supply in foreign trade," Working Papers 128, Bank of Greece.
- Jacopo Costa & Roberto Ricciuti, 2013. "Sources for the Euro Crisis: Bad Regulation and Weak Institutions in Peripheral Europe," Working Papers 15/2013, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Bruno Ducoudré & Éric Heyer, 2014.
"Baisse de l'euro et désinflation compétitive. Quel pays en profitera le plus ?,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(5), pages 221-253.
- Bruno Ducoudre & Eric Heyer, 2014. "Baisse de l'euro et désinflation compétitive: Quel pays en profitera le plus ?," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/1h97uoi1ng8, Sciences Po.
- Florence Jaumotte & Piyaporn Sodsriwiboon, 2010. "Current Account Imbalances in the Southern Euro Area," IMF Working Papers 10/139, International Monetary Fund.
- Nicholas Crafts, 2013. "Long-Term Growth in Europe: What Difference does the Crisis Make?," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 224(1), pages 14-28, May.
- Xavier Timbeau, 2014. "Le piège de la déflation : Perspectives 2014-2015," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/c6c7hcjgm91, Sciences Po.
- Kriwoluzky, Alexander & Müller, Gernot J. & Wolf, Martin, 2015.
"Exit Expectations and Debt Crises in Currency Unions,"
IWH Discussion Papers
18/2015, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Kriwoluzky, Alexander & Müller, Gernot & Wolf, Martin, 2015. "Exit expectations and debt crises in currency unions," CEPR Discussion Papers 10817, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Garcimartin, Carlos & Kvedaras, Virmantas & Rivas, Luis, 2016. "Business cycles in a balance-of-payments constrained growth framework," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 120-132.
- Crafts, Nicholas, 2012.
"Western Europe's Growth Prospects: an Historical Perspective,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Crafts, Nicholas, 2012. "Western Europe’s Growth Prospects: an Historical Perspective," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 71, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Bruno Ducoudré & Eric Heyer, 2014. "Baisse de l'euro et désinflation compétitive," Post-Print hal-01093016, HAL.
- Comunale, Mariarosaria, 2014.
"Long-run determinants and misalignments of the real effective exchange rate in the EU,"
59571, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2014.
- Mariarosaria Comunale, 2015. "Long-run determinants and misalignments of the real effective exchange rate in the EU," Bank of Lithuania Working Paper Series 18, Bank of Lithuania.
- Hartmut Egger & Etzel Daniel & Hagen Lesch & Holger Zernanek & Christoph Moser, 2011. "Braucht Europa eine Koordinierung der nationalen Lohnpolitiken?," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 64(02), pages 03-15, February.
- Jules Leichter & Cristina Mocci & Stefania Pozzuoli, "undated". "Measuring External Competitiveness:An Overview," Working Papers 2, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Kriwoluzky, Alexander & Müller, Gernot & Wolf, Martin, 2013. "Currency Risk in Currency Unions," CEPR Discussion Papers 9635, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsExchange rates; Exports; Competition; Spain; Portugal; Productivity; Resource allocation; International trade; Italy; Markets; Greece; Foreign investment; France; Foreign direct investment; Technological change; Competitiveness; export structure; product quality; services exports; outsourcing; value-added; technological intensity; restructuring; growth; industry and trade; services and trade; market concentration; market entry and exit; real effective exchange rate; export market; export growth; export markets; export market share;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-06-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2008-06-21 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EEC-2008-06-21 (European Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2008-06-21 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-INT-2008-06-21 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:08/112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .