Measuring the Informal Economy in Latin America and the Caribbean
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David E. A. Giles, 1999.
"Modelling the hidden economy and the tax-gap in New Zealand,"
Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 621-640.
- David E. A. Giles, 1998. "Modelling the Hidden Economy and the Tax-Gap in New Zealand," Econometrics Working Papers 9810, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- David E. A. Giles, 1999. "Modelling the Hidden Economy and the Tax-Gap in New Zealand," Econometrics Working Papers 9905, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Simon Johnson & Daniel Kaufman & Andrei Shleifer, 1997. "The Unofficial Economy in Transition," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(2), pages 159-240.
- World Bank, 2005. "Organization of Eastern Caribbean States : Towards a New Agenda for Growth," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8616, The World Bank.
- Edgar L. Feige, 2004. "How Big IS the Irregular Economy?," Macroeconomics 0404005, EconWPA.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Weck-Hanneman, Hannelore, 1984. "The hidden economy as an 'unobserved' variable," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-2), pages 33-53.
- Alvaro Forteza & Martín Rama, 2000.
"Labor Market "Rigidity" and the Success of Economic Reforms Across more than One Hundred Countries,"
Documentos de Trabajo (working papers)
0600, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Forteza, Alvaro & Rama, Martin, 2001. "Labor market"rigidity"and the success of economic reforms across more than one hundred countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2521, The World Bank.
- Phillip Cagan, 1958. "The Demand for Currency Relative to the Total Money Supply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 303-303.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kaliberda, Aleksander, 1996. "Integrating the unofficial economy into the dynamics of post-socialist economies : a framework of analysis and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1691, The World Bank.
- Johnson, Simon & Kaufmann, Daniel & Zoido-Lobaton, Pablo, 1998. "Regulatory Discretion and the Unofficial Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 387-392, May.
- Loayza, Norman V., 1996.
"The economics of the informal sector: a simple model and some empirical evidence from Latin America,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 129-162, December.
- Loayza, Norman A., 1997. "The economics of the informal sector : a simple model and some empirical evidence from Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1727, The World Bank.
- Isachsen, Arne Jon & Strom, Steiner, 1985. "The Size and Growth of the Hidden Economy in Norway," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 31(1), pages 21-38, March.
- Contini, Bruno B, 1981. "Labor Market Segmentation and the Development of the Parallel Economy-The Italian Experience," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(3), pages 401-412, November.
- Dominik H. Enste & Friedrich Schneider, 2000. "Shadow Economies: Size, Causes, and Consequences," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 77-114, March.
- Isachsen, Arne Jon & Strøm, Steinar, 1985. "The Size and Growth of the Hidden Economy in Norway," MPRA Paper 80748, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 1985.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30728045 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Vries, Gaaitzen J. & Erumban, Abdul A. & Timmer, Marcel P. & Voskoboynikov, Ilya & Wu, Harry X., 2012.
"Deconstructing the BRICs: Structural transformation and aggregate productivity growth,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 211-227.
- Gaaitzen J. de Vries & Abdul A. Erumban & Marcel P. Timmer & Ilya B. Voskoboynikov & Harry X. Wu, 2011. "Deconstructing The BRICs: Structural Transformation And Aggregate Productivity Growth," HSE Working papers WP BRP 04/EC/2011, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Voskoboynikov, I. & Timmer, M.P. & Vries, G.J. de & Erumban, A. A. & Wu H.X., 2011. "Deconstructing the BRICs: Structural Transformation and Aggregate Productivity Growth," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-121, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Leandro Medina & Friedrich Schneider, 2017.
"Shadow Economies around the World: New Results for 158 Countries over 1991-2015,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
6430, CESifo Group Munich.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2017. "Shadow Economies around the World: New Results for 158 Countries over 1991-2015," Economics working papers 2017-10, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Richard M. Bird & Michael Smart, 2012. "Financing Social Expenditures in Developing Countries: Payroll or Value Added Taxes?," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1206, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2014. "Outside the State - the Shadow Economy and Shadow Economy Labor Force," CESifo Working Paper Series 4829, CESifo Group Munich.
- Eduardo Lora & Johanna Fajardo-González, 2016. "Employment and taxes in Latin America: An empirical study of the effects of payroll, corporate income and value-added taxes on labor outcomes," REVISTA CUADERNOS DE ECONOMÍA, UN - RCE - CID, vol. 35(Especial ), pages 75-117, January.
- Macias, Jose Brambila & Cazzavillan, Guido, 2009.
"The dynamics of parallel economies. Measuring the informal sector in Mexico,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 189-199, September.
- Brambila Macias, Jose, 2008. "The Dynamics of Parallel Economies. Measuring the Informal Sector in México," MPRA Paper 8400, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dan Andrews & Aida Caldera Sánchez & Åsa Johansson, 2011. "Towards a Better Understanding of the Informal Economy," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 873, OECD Publishing.
- Luisanna Onnis & Patrizio Tirelli, 2011. "Institutions, policies and economic development. What are the causes of the shadow economy?," Working Papers 206, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2011.
- Yasser Abdih & Leandro Medina, 2013. "Measuring the Informal Economy in the Caucasus and Central Asia," IMF Working Papers 13/137, International Monetary Fund.
- Santos-Pérez, Rubén, 2016. "Estimación de la economía informal para México mediante un método monetario, 1970-2012," eseconomía, Escuela Superior de Economía, Instituto Politécnico Nacional, vol. 11(45), pages 71-103, Segundo s.
- Pokorny, Benno & de Jong, Wil & Godar, Javier & Pacheco, Pablo & Johnson, James, 2013. "From large to small: Reorienting rural development policies in response to climate change, food security and poverty," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 52-59.
- José Brambila Macias & Guido Cazzavillan, 2010.
"Modeling the informal economy in Mexico:a structural equation approach,"
Journal of Developing Areas,
Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 44(1), pages 345-365, September.
- Brambila Macias, Jose, 2008. "Modeling the Informal Economy in Mexico. A Structural Equation Approach," MPRA Paper 8504, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jos� Brambila Macias & Guido Cazzavillan, 2008. "Modelling the Informal Economy in Mexico. A Structural Equation Approach," Working Papers 2008_41, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Jos� Brambila Macias & Guido Cazzavillan, 2008. "The Dynamics of Parallel Economies. Measuring the Informal Sector in M�xico," Working Papers 2008_42, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Vargas, Jose P Mauricio, 2012. "To be or not to be informal?: A Structural Simulation," MPRA Paper 41290, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic conditions; Caribbean; Agricultural sector; Economic models; Education; Inflation; Labor unions; Latin America; Social security; Tax systems; Informal economy; latent variable; equation; correlation; surveys; social security schemes;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:08/102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .