Central Bank Quasi-Fiscal Losses and High Inflation in Zimbabwe; A Note
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rudi Dornbusch, 2001. "Fewer Monies, Better Monies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 238-242, May.
- Claudia H Dziobek & John W. Dalton, 2005. "Central Bank Losses and Experiences in Selected Countries," IMF Working Papers 05/72, International Monetary Fund.
- Pierre-Richard Agenor & E. Murat Ucer, 1999. "Exchange market reform, inflation, and fiscal deficits," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 81-96.
- Teijeiro, Mario O., 1989. "Central bank losses : origins, conceptual issues, and measurement problems," Policy Research Working Paper Series 293, The World Bank.
- Peter Stella, 1997. "Do Central Banks Need Capital?," IMF Working Papers 97/83, International Monetary Fund.
- Peter Stella, 2005. "Central Bank Financial Strength, Transparency, and Policy Credibility," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(2), pages 335-365, September.
- George A Mackenzie & Peter Stella, 1996. "Quasi-Fiscal Operations of Public Financial Institutions," IMF Occasional Papers 142, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manoel Bittencourt, 2007.
"Macroeconomic Performance and Inequality: Brazil 1983-1994,"
Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers
163, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Manoel Bittencourt, 2008. "Macroeconomic Performance and Inequality: Brazil 1983-1994," Working Papers 101, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Jens R Clausen & Sharmini Coorey & Bakar Ould-Abdallah & Sònia Muñoz & Norbert Funke, 2007. "Lessons From High Inflation Epidsodes for Stabilizing the Economy in Zimbabwe," IMF Working Papers 07/99, International Monetary Fund.
- Julien Pinter, 2017. "Central bank financial strength and inflation: an empirical reassessment considering the key role of the fiscal support," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 17055, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Osama Sweidan, 2010. "Central bank inability and Taylor rule in developing countries," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 57(4), pages 395-409, December.
- Singleton,John, 2010. "Central Banking in the Twentieth Century," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521899093, May.
More about this item
KeywordsCentral banks; Central banking; Central banks and their policies; Deficit financing; Inflation; Zimbabwe; Quasi-fiscal Deficit; High Inflation; central bank; monetary fund; open market operations; National Deficit Surplus;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-05-26 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2007-05-26 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2007-05-26 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2007-05-26 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:07/98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .