Concept of Offshore Financial Centers; In Search of an Operational Definition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Esther C Suss & Oral Williams & Chandima Mendis, 2002. "Caribbean offshore Financial Centers; Past, Present, and Possibilities for the Future," IMF Working Papers 02/88, International Monetary Fund.
- Ballance, Robert H & Forstner, Helmut & Murray, Tracy, 1987. "Consistency Tests of Alternative Measures of Comparative Advantage," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(1), pages 157-161, February.
- Philip R. Lane & Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, 2008.
"International Investment Patterns,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(3), pages 538-549, August.
- Lane, Philip R. & Milesi-Ferretti, Gian Maria, 2004. "International Investment Patterns," CEPR Discussion Papers 4499, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philip R. Lane & Gian M Milesi-Ferretti, 2004. "International Investment Patterns," IMF Working Papers 04/134, International Monetary Fund.
- Philip Lane & Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, 2005. "International Investment Patterns," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp024, IIIS.
- Marcel Cassard, 1994. "The Role of offshore Centers in International Financial Intermediation," IMF Working Papers 94/107, International Monetary Fund.
- Carol C. Bertaut & Linda S. Kole, 2004. "What makes investors over or underweight? explaining international appetites for foreign equities," International Finance Discussion Papers 819, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Luca Errico & Alberto Musalem Borrero, 1999. "Offshore Banking; An Analysis of Micro- and Macro-Prudential Issues," IMF Working Papers 99/5, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Florian LEON, 2018. "Long-Term Finance and Entrepreneurship," CREA Discussion Paper Series 18-01, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Cetorelli, Nicola & Goldberg, Linda S., 2012.
"Liquidity management of U.S. global banks: Internal capital markets in the great recession,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 299-311.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2011. "Liquidity Management of U.S. Global Banks: Internal Capital Markets in the Great Recession," NBER Chapters,in: Global Financial Crisis National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2011. "Liquidity management of U.S. global banks: internal capital markets in the Great Recession," Staff Reports 511, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2011. "Liquidity management of U.S. global banks: Internal capital markets in the great recession," NBER Working Papers 17355, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Danilov Yuri, 2016. "The experience of financial markets reforms in the countries – competitors of Russia in the global capital market," Research Paper Series, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, issue 171P, pages 156-156.
- Mihai Bogdan Afrasinei, 2013. "The Problem Of Tax Havens And The Romanian Tax Authorities’ Reaction," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 5(2), pages 149-159.
- Daniel Haberly & Dariusz Wójcik, 2015. "Regional Blocks and Imperial Legacies: Mapping the Global Offshore FDI Network," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 91(3), pages 251-280, July.
- Javier Garcia-Bernardo & Jan Fichtner & Eelke M. Heemskerk & Frank W. Takes, 2017. "Uncovering Offshore Financial Centers: Conduits and Sinks in the Global Corporate Ownership Network," Papers 1703.03016, arXiv.org, revised May 2017.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:87:y:2018:i:c:p:152-172 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:finana:v:54:y:2017:i:c:p:76-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- Butkiewicz, James L. & Gordon, Leo-Rey C., 2013. "The Economic Growth Effect of Offshore Banking in Host Territories: Evidence from the Caribbean," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 165-179.
- repec:bla:glopol:v:7:y:2016:i:4:p:510-520 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:growch:v:47:y:2016:i:4:p:535-555 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexandra Peter, 2012. "Bilateral Trade, Openness, and Asset Holdings," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 713-740, September.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial services; Financial stability; International financial system; International financial markets; International investment position; Investment; Offshore financial centers; CPIS; statistics; portfolio investment; equation; survey; Financial Institutions and Services: General; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-04 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:07/87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.