A Theory of “Crying Wolf”; The Economics of Money Laundering Enforcement
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Előd Takáts, 2011. "A Theory of "Crying Wolf" : The Economics of Money Laundering Enforcement," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(1), pages 32-78.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- B. Unger & F. van Waarden, 2009. "Attempts to Dodge Drowning in Data : Rule- and Risk-Based Anti Money Laundering Policies Compared," Working Papers 09-19, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2011. "The Financial Flows of the Transnational Crime: Some Preliminary Empirical Results," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 53, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Schneider, Friedrich, 2010. "The (Hidden) Financial Flows of Terrorist and Organized Crime Organizations: A Literature Review and Some Preliminary Empirical Results," IZA Discussion Papers 4860, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Raffaella Barone & Donato Masciandaro, 2011. "Organized crime, money laundering and legal economy: theory and simulations," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 115-142, August.
- Yallwe, Hagos Alem & Buscemi, Antonino, 2011.
"Money laundry and financial development,"
32219, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Buscemi, Antonino & Yallwe, Alem Hagos, 2011. "Money laundry and financial development," MPRA Paper 32458, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Buscemi, Antonino & Yallwe, Alem Hagos, 2011. "Money laundry and financial development," MPRA Paper 33089, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2011.
- Raffaella Barone & Domenico Delle Side & Donato Masciandaro, 2018.
"Drug trafficking, money laundering and the business cycle: Does secular stagnation include crime?,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 69(2), pages 409-426, May.
- Raffaella Barone & Domenico Delle Side & Donato Masciandaro, 2017. "Drug Trafficking, Money Laundering And The Business Cycle: Does Secular Stagnation Include Crime?," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1747, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2009. "Die Finanzströme von organisierter Kriminalität und Terrorismus: was wissen wir (nicht)?," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 78(4), pages 73-87.
- Gnutzmann, Hinnerk & McCarthy, Killian J. & Unger, Brigitte, 2010. "Dancing with the devil: Country size and the incentive to tolerate money laundering," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 244-252, September.
- Friedrich Schneider & Raul Caruso, 2011. "The (Hidden) Financial Flows of Terrorist and Transnational Crime Organizations: A Literature Review and Some Preliminary Empirical Results," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 52, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Patrycja Chodnicka, 2012. "Money laundering risk management in banking system (Zarzadzanie ryzykiem prania pieniedzy w systemie bankowym)," Problemy Zarzadzania, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 10(39), pages 206-222.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Anti-money laundering; Bank supervision; Money laundering; Transparency; United States; USA Patriot Act; Disclosure; Auditing; law enforcement; terrorism; law enforcement agencies; terrorism financing; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation; Regulated Industries and Administrative Law; Economics of Regulation; Business Economics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2007-05-04 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2007-05-04 (Banking)
- NEP-MON-2007-05-04 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:07/81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.