A Theory of “Crying Wolf”; The Economics of Money Laundering Enforcement
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Előd Takáts, 2011. "A Theory of "Crying Wolf" : The Economics of Money Laundering Enforcement," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(1), pages 32-78.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- B. Unger & F. van Waarden, 2009. "Attempts to Dodge Drowning in Data : Rule- and Risk-Based Anti Money Laundering Policies Compared," Working Papers 09-19, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Schneider, Friedrich, 2010. "The (Hidden) Financial Flows of Terrorist and Organized Crime Organizations: A Literature Review and Some Preliminary Empirical Results," IZA Discussion Papers 4860, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Raffaella Barone & Domenico Delle Side & Donato Masciandaro, 2017. "Drug Trafficking, Money Laundering And The Business Cycle: Does Secular Stagnation Include Crime?," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1747, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2009. "Die Finanzströme von organisierter Kriminalität und Terrorismus: was wissen wir (nicht)?," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 78(4), pages 73-87.
- Gnutzmann, Hinnerk & McCarthy, Killian J. & Unger, Brigitte, 2010. "Dancing with the devil: Country size and the incentive to tolerate money laundering," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 244-252, September.
- Patrycja Chodnicka, 2012. "Money laundering risk management in banking system (Zarzadzanie ryzykiem prania pieniedzy w systemie bankowym)," Problemy Zarzadzania, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 10(39), pages 206-222.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2011. "The Financial Flows of the Transnational Crime: Some Preliminary Empirical Results," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 53, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Raffaella Barone & Donato Masciandaro, 2011. "Organized crime, money laundering and legal economy: theory and simulations," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 115-142, August.
- Yallwe, Hagos Alem & Buscemi, Antonino, 2011.
"Money laundry and financial development,"
32219, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Buscemi, Antonino & Yallwe, Alem Hagos, 2011. "Money laundry and financial development," MPRA Paper 32458, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Buscemi, Antonino & Yallwe, Alem Hagos, 2011. "Money laundry and financial development," MPRA Paper 33089, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2011.
- Friedrich Schneider & Raul Caruso, 2011. "The (Hidden) Financial Flows of Terrorist and Transnational Crime Organizations: A Literature Review and Some Preliminary Empirical Results," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 52, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Anti-money laundering; Bank supervision; Money laundering; Transparency; United States; USA Patriot Act; Disclosure; Auditing; law enforcement; terrorism; law enforcement agencies; terrorism financing; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation; Regulated Industries and Administrative Law; Economics of Regulation; Business Economics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2007-05-04 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2007-05-04 (Banking)
- NEP-MON-2007-05-04 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:07/81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .