British Influences on Commonwealth Budget Systems; The Case of the United Republic of Tanzania
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefania Fabrizio & Ashoka Mody, 2006.
"Can budget institutions counteract political indiscipline?,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 21(48), pages 689-739, October.
- Ashoka Mody & Stefania Fabrizio, 2006. "Can Budget Institutions Counteract Political Indiscipline?," IMF Working Papers 06/123, International Monetary Fund.
- Mark Hallerberg & Jürgen von Hagen, 1999.
"Electoral Institutions, Cabinet Negotiations, and Budget Deficits in the European Union,"
NBER Chapters,in: Fiscal Institutions and Fiscal Performance, pages 209-232
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Hallerberg & Jurgen von Hagen, 1997. "Electoral Institutions, Cabinet Negotiations, and Budget Deficits in the European Union," NBER Working Papers 6341, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ian Lienert, 2003. "A Comparison Between Two Public Expenditure Management Systems in Africa," IMF Working Papers 03/2, International Monetary Fund.
- Ian Lienert, 2005. "Who Controls the Budget; The Legislature or the Executive?," IMF Working Papers 05/115, International Monetary Fund.
- Sir John Bourn, 2005. "Public audit in the United Kingdom," Chapters,in: Public Expenditure Control in Europe, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hallerberg, Mark & Strauch, Rolf & von Hagen, Jurgen, 2007.
"The design of fiscal rules and forms of governance in European Union countries,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 338-359, June.
- Strauch, Rolf & Hallerberg, Mark & von Hagen, Jürgen, 2004. "The design of fiscal rules and forms of governance in European Union countries," Working Paper Series 419, European Central Bank.
- Hallerberg, Mark & Strauch, Rolf & Hagen, Jürgen von, 2006. "The design of fiscal rules and forms of governance in European Union countries," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 150, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Yaya Moussa, 2004. "Public Expenditure Management in Francophone Africa; A Cross-Country Analysis," IMF Working Papers 04/42, International Monetary Fund.
- Ian Lienert, 2003. "A Comparison Between Two Public Expenditure Management Systems in Africa," OECD Journal on Budgeting, OECD Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 35-66.
- Luc E. Leruth & Dominique Bouley & Jerome Fournel, 2002. "How Do Treasury Systems Operate in Sub-Saharan Francophone Africa?," IMF Working Papers 02/58, International Monetary Fund.
- Xavier Debrun & Manmohan S. Kumar, 2007. "The Discipline-Enhancing Role of Fiscal Institutions; Theory and Empirical Evidence," IMF Working Papers 07/171, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsBudgeting; Fiscal policy; Government accounting; Tanzania; budget; legislature; executive; constitution; law; Minister of Finance; Chancellor; Exchequer; Permanent Secretary; Accounting Officer; budget management; budget system; budget systems; external audit; pfm system; Structure; Scope; and Performance of Government; Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents: General; National Government Expenditures and Related Policies: General; Public Economics: Miscellaneous Issues: General; Basic Areas of Law: General (Constitutional Law); Legal Procedure; the Legal System; and Illegal Behavior: General; Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems; Tanzania; United Republic of;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2007-05-04 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-AFR-2007-05-04 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-05-04 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:07/78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .