The Optimal Level of Foreign Reserves in Financially Dollarized Economies; The Case of Uruguay
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 2008.
"Liquidity Insurance in a Financially Dollarized Economy,"
NBER Chapters,in: Financial Markets Volatility and Performance in Emerging Markets, pages 185-218
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 2006. "Liquidity Insurance in a Financially Dollarized Economy," NBER Working Papers 12345, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 2006. "Liquidity Insurance in a Financially Dollarized Economy," Business School Working Papers liquid, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Hutchison, Michael M & Noy, Ilan, 2005.
"How Bad Are Twins? Output Costs of Currency and Banking Crises,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(4), pages 725-752, August.
- Michael M. Hutchison & Ilan Neuberger, "undated". "How Bad Are Twins? Output Costs of Currency and Banking Crises," EPRU Working Paper Series 02-09, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Michael Hutchison & Ilan Noy, 2002. "How bad are twins? output costs of currency and banking crises," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 2002-02, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Pablo García & Claudio Soto, 2006.
"Large Hoardings of International Reserves: Are They Worth It?,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Ricardo Caballero & César Calderón & Luis Felipe Céspedes & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Sc (ed.), External Vulnerability and Preventive Policies, edition 1, volume 10, chapter 6, pages 171-206
Central Bank of Chile.
- Pablo García & Claudio Soto, 2004. "Large Hoardings of International Reserves: Are They Worth It?," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 299, Central Bank of Chile.
- Christian B. Mulder & Matthieu Bussière, 1999. "External Vulnerability in Emerging Market Economies; How High Liquidity Can Offset Weak Fundamentals and the Effects of Contagion," IMF Working Papers 99/88, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wendell A. Samuel & Emilio Pineda & Mario Dehesa, 2009. "Optimal Reserves in the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union," IMF Working Papers 09/77, International Monetary Fund.
- Ana Maria Ceh & Ivo Krznar, 2008. "Optimal Foreign Reserves: The Case of Croatia," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 32(4), pages 421-460.
- Marta Ruiz-Arranz & Milan Zavadjil, 2008. "Are Emerging Asia’s Reserves Really Too High?," IMF Working Papers 08/192, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial crisis; Crisis prevention; Foreign exchange reserves; Uruguay; Sudden stops; Foreign Reserves; Balance of Payments Crises; Bank Runs; Financial Dollarization; central bank; banking; foreign currency debt; currency debt; reserve accumulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:07/265. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .