The Fear of Freedom; Politicians and the Independence and Accountability of Financial Sector Supervisors
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masciandaro, Donato & Quintyn, Marc & Taylor, Michael W., 2008. "Inside and outside the central bank: Independence and accountability in financial supervision: Trends and determinants," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 833-848, December.
- Melanie S. Milo, 2007. "Integrated Financial Supervision : An Institutional Perspective for the Philippines," Finance Working Papers 22667, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Marc Quintyn, 2007.
"Governance of Financial Supervisors and its Effects - A Stocktaking Exercise,"
Chapters in SUERF Studies,
SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Marc Quintyn, 2007. "Governance of Financial Supervisors and its Effects - a Stocktaking Exercise," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2007/4 edited by Morten Balling.
- Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der Gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung (ed.), 2010. "Chancen für einen stabilen Aufschwung. Jahresgutachten 2010/11," Annual Economic Reports / Jahresgutachten, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung, volume 127, number 201011, April.
- Masciandaro, Donato & Nieto, Maria J. & Quintyn, Marc, 2011. "Exploring governance of the new European Banking AuthorityâA case for harmonization?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 204-214, December.
- Marc Quintyn, 2009. "Independent agencies: more than a cheap copy of independent central banks?," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 267-295, September.
- Sofía Bauducco & Aleš Bulir & Martin Èihák, 2011. "Monetary Policy Rules with Financial Instability," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 61(6), pages 545-565, December.
- Christopher Gandrud & Mark Hallerberg, 2015. "Does Banking Union Worsen the EU's Democratic Deficit? The Need for Greater Supervisory Data Transparency," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 769-785, July.
- Boyer, Pierre C. & Ponce, Jorge, 2012. "Regulatory capture and banking supervision reform," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 206-217.
- Donato Masciandaro & Maria J. Nieto & Marc Quintyn, 2011.
"Will They Sing the Same Tune? Measuring Convergence in the New European System of Financial Supervisors,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Central Banking, Financial Regulation and Supervision, chapter 17
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Marc G Quintyn & Donato Masciandaro & María Nieto, 2009. "Will they Sing the Same Tune? Measuring Convergence in the new European System of Financial Supervisors," IMF Working Papers 09/142, International Monetary Fund.
- Christopher Gandrud, 2013. "The diffusion of financial supervisory governance ideas," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 881-916, August.
- Donato Masciandaro & Marc Quintyn, 2011. "Regulating the Regulators: The Changing Face of Financial Supervision Architectures Before and After the Financial Crisis," Chapters,in: Handbook of Central Banking, Financial Regulation and Supervision, chapter 16 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Milo, Melanie S., 2007. "Integrated Financial Supervision: an Institutional Perspective for the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2007-17, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Jorge Ponce, 2010.
"A Normative Analysis of Banking Supervision: Independence, Legal Protection and Accountability,"
Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 141-181, July-Dece.
- Jorge Ponce, 2008. "A Normative Analysis of Banking Supervision: Independence, Legal Protection and Accountability," Documentos de trabajo 2008006, Banco Central del Uruguay, revised 21 Oct 2010.
- repec:nzb:nzbbul:dec2017:11 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBank supervision; Financial sector; Public sector; financial regulation; agency independence; public administration accountability; banking; banking supervision; supervisory agency; central banking; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation; Public Economics: Miscellaneous Issues: Other; Economics of Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-02 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:07/25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .