Benchmarking the Efficiency of Public Expenditure in the Russian Federation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tanzi, Vito & Schuknecht, Ludger, 1997. "Reconsidering the Fiscal Role of Government: The International Perspective," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 164-168, May.
- Baumol, William J, 1972. "Macroeconomics of Unbalanced Growth: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(1), pages 150-150, March.
- Berkowitz, Daniel & DeJong, David N., 2003. "Policy reform and growth in post-Soviet Russia," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 337-352, April.
- Desai, Raj M. & Freinkman, Lev & Goldberg, Itzhak, 2005. "Fiscal federalism in rentier regions: Evidence from Russia," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 814-834, December.
- Afonso, Antonio & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2006.
"Cross-country efficiency of secondary education provision: A semi-parametric analysis with non-discretionary inputs,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 476-491, May.
- Afonso, António & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2005. "Cross-country efficiency of secondary education provision: a semi-parametric analysis with non-discretionary inputs," Working Paper Series 494, European Central Bank.
- António Afonso & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2005. "Cross-country Efficiency of Secondary Education Provision: a Semi-parametric Analysis with Nondiscretionary Inputs," Working Papers Department of Economics 2005/05, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina V., 2000.
"Incentives to provide local public goods: fiscal federalism, Russian style,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 337-368, June.
- Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2000. "Incentives to provide local public goods: fiscal federalism, Russian style," Working Papers w0001, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Zhuravskaya Ekatherina, 2000. "Incentives to Provide Local Public Goods: Fiscal Federalism, Russian Style," EERC Working Paper Series 99-15e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- La Porta, Rafael, et al, 1997. "Trust in Large Organizations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 333-338, May.
- Herrera, Santiago & Pang, Gaobo, 2005. "Efficiency of public spending in developing countries : an efficiency frontier approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3645, The World Bank.
- Dabla-Norris, Era & Gradstein, Mark & Inchauste, Gabriela, 2008.
"What causes firms to hide output? The determinants of informality,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1-2), pages 1-27, February.
- Gabriela Inchauste & Mark Gradstein & Era Dabla-Norris, 2005. "What Causes Firms to Hide Output? the Determinants of Informality," IMF Working Papers 05/160, International Monetary Fund.
- Era Dabla-Norris & Shlomo Weber, 2001. "Regional Disparities and Transfer Policies in Russia; Theory and Evidence," IMF Working Papers 01/199, International Monetary Fund.
- Kwon, Goohoon & Spilimbergo, Antonio, 2005.
"Russia's Regions: Income Volatility, Labour Mobility and Fiscal Policy,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5265, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Goohoon Kwon & Antonio Spilimbergo, 2005. "Russia's Regions; Income Volatility, Labor Mobility and Fiscal Policy," IMF Working Papers 05/185, International Monetary Fund.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- David Hauner, 2005.
"Explaining efficiency differences among large German and Austrian banks,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(9), pages 969-980.
- David Hauner, 2004. "Explaining Efficiency Differences Among Large German and Austrian Banks," IMF Working Papers 04/140, International Monetary Fund.
- Ale Bulir & A. Javier Hamann, 2003. "Aid Volatility: An Empirical Assessment," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 50(1), pages 1-4.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Verhoeven, Marijn, 2001. "The efficiency of government expenditure: experiences from Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 433-467, May.
- Vladimir Popov, 2004. "Fiscal Federalism in Russia: Rules versus Electoral Politics," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 46(4), pages 515-541, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Federico Revelli, 2010.
"Spend more, get more? An inquiry into English local government performance,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 62(1), pages 185-207, January.
- Revelli Federico, 2008. "Spend more, get more? An inquiry into English local government performance," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200804, University of Turin.
- Aristovnik, Aleksander & Obadić, Alka, 2014. "Measuring relative efficiency of secondary education in selected EU and OECD countries: the case of Slovenia and Croatia," MPRA Paper 63936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesco Grigoli, 2012. "Public Expenditure in the Slovak Republic; Composition and Technical Efficiency," IMF Working Papers 12/173, International Monetary Fund.
- Irina Sinitsina, 2011. "Public Expenditures on Education and Health in Russian Federation before and during the Global Crisis," CASE Network Reports 0103, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- World Bank, 2011. "Russian federation : Social Expenditure and Fiscal Federalism in Russia," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2735, The World Bank.
- Nazarov, Vladimir & Davis, Christopher Mark & Gerry, Christopher J. & Polyakova, Aleksandra & Sisigina, Natalia & Sokolov, D., 2015. "Evaluating the Effectiveness and Efficiency of the Health System," Published Papers mn41, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Heyndrickx, Christophe & Alexeeva-Talebi, Victoria & Tourdyeva, Natalia, 2012. "To raise or not to raise? Impact assessment of Russia's incremental gas price reform," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-052, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- repec:rnp:ecopol:ep1757 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Hauner, 2008. "Macroeconomic Effects of Pension Reform in Russia," IMF Working Papers 08/201, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal analysis; Russian Federation; Productivity; Public sector; Governance; government expenditure; public sector efficiency; fiscal federalism; Russia; expenditure; public spending; public expenditure; health expenditure; health care;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2008-03-01 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-EFF-2008-03-01 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-PBE-2008-03-01 (Public Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2008-03-01 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:07/246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .