Are Workers' Remittances a Hedge Against Macroeconomic Shocks? the Case of Sri Lanka
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rapoport, Hillel & Docquier, Frederic, 2006. "The Economics of Migrants' Remittances," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Jacques Bouhga-Hagbe, 2004. "A Theory of Workers' Remittances with An Application to Morocco," IMF Working Papers 04/194, International Monetary Fund.
- El-Sakka, M. I. T. & McNabb, Robert, 1999. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of Emigrant Remittances," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1493-1502, August.
- Serdar Sayan, 2006. "Business Cycles and Workers' Remittances; How Do Migrant Workers Respond to Cyclical Movements of GDP At Home?," IMF Working Papers 06/52, International Monetary Fund.
- Poonam Gupta, 2005. "Macroeconomic Determinants of Remittances; Evidence from India," IMF Working Papers 05/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Arvind Subramanian & Raghuram Rajan, 2005. "What Undermines Aid’s Impact on Growth?," IMF Working Papers 05/126, International Monetary Fund.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Komivi Afawubo & Mawuli Kodjovi Couchoro, 2017. "Do remittances enhance the economic growth effect of private health expenditures in West African Economic and Monetary Union?," Post-Print hal-01716433, HAL.
- repec:rss:jnljfe:v2i3p5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Louis COMBES & Christian EBEKE & Mireille NTSAMA ETOUNDI, 2011.
"Are Foreign Aid and Remittances a Hedge against Food Price Shocks in Developing Countries?,"
- Jean-Louis Combes & Christian Hubert Ebeke & Mireille S. Ntsama Etoundi & Thierry Yogo, 2012. "Are Foreign Aid and Remittances a Hedge against Food Price Shocks in Developing Countries?," Working Papers halshs-00608128, HAL.
- Farid Farid, 2014.
"The impact of exchange rate policy on remittances in Morocco: A Threshold VAR analysis,"
AccessEcon, vol. 34(4), pages 2351-2360.
- Farid Makhlouf, 2014. "The Impact of Exchange Rate Policy on Remittances in Morocco: A Threshold VAR Analysis," Working Papers 2102, Groupe ESC Pau, Research Department, revised Dec 2014.
- Mazhar Y. Mughal & Junaid Ahmed, 2014.
"Remittances and Business Cycles: Comparison of South Asian Countries,"
International Economic Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(4), pages 513-541, December.
- Mazhar Yasin MUGHAL & Junaid AHMED, 2013. "Remittances and Business Cycles: Comparison of South Asian Countries," Working Papers 2012-2013_4, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Jan 2013.
- Eric Rougier & Nicolas Yol, 2018. "The volatility effect of diaspora’s location: A migration portfolio approach," Cahiers du GREThA 2018-09, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Refk Selmi & Amal Miftah, 2017.
"Relationship Between Remittances and Macroeconomic Variables in Times of Political and Social Upheaval: Evidence from Tunisia's Arab Spring,"
1140, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 2003.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Refk Selmi & Amal Miftah, 2017. "Relationship between Remittances and Macroeconomic Variables in Times of Political and Social Upheaval: Evidence from Tunisia's Arab Spring," Papers 1708.07037, arXiv.org.
- Ceyhun Bora Durdu & Serdar Sayan, 2010.
"Emerging Market Business Cycles with Remittance Fluctuations,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(2), pages 303-325, June.
- Ceyhun Bora Durdu & Serdar Sayan, 2008. "Emerging market business cycles with remittance fluctuations," International Finance Discussion Papers 946, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Business cycles; Economic conditions; Sri Lanka; Workers remittances; Workers’ remittances; Cyclicality; Macroeconomic Shock; Vector Error Correction Model; remittances; remittance; remittance receipts; cointegration; International Factor Movements: Other; Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-06-02 (Development)
- NEP-MAC-2007-06-02 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MIG-2007-06-02 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:07/22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.