U.K. Inflation and Relative Prices over the Last Decade; How Important was Globalization?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1972. "Macroeconomics of Unbalanced Growth: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(1), pages 150-150, March.
- David Bowman, 2003. "Market power and inflation," International Finance Discussion Papers 783, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Smets, Frank & Wouters, Raf, 2002. "An estimated stochastic dynamic general equilibrium model of the euro area," Working Paper Series 0171, European Central Bank.
- Todd E. Clark, 2004. "An evaluation of the decline in goods inflation," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 19-51.
- De Gregorio, Jose & Giovannini, Alberto & Wolf, Holger C., 1994.
"International evidence on tradables and nontradables inflation,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 1225-1244, June.
- Jose De Gregorio & Alberto Giovannini, 1993. "International Evidence on Tradables and Nontradable Inflation," NBER Working Papers 4438, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holger C. Wolf & Alberto Giovannini & Jose De Gregorio, 1994. "International Evidenceon Tradables and Nontradables Inflation," IMF Working Papers 94/33, International Monetary Fund.
- Jose De Gregorio & Alberto Giovannini & Holger C. Wolf, 1993. "International Evidence on Tradables and Nontradables Inflation," Working Papers 93-17, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Chen, Natalie & Imbs, Jean & Scott, Andrew, 2004. "Competition, Globalization and the Decline of Inflation," CEPR Discussion Papers 4695, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Laxton, Douglas & Pesenti, Paolo, 2003.
"Monetary rules for small, open, emerging economies,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(5), pages 1109-1146, July.
- Douglas Laxton & Paolo Pesenti, 2003. "Monetary Rules for Small, Open, Emerging Economies," NBER Working Papers 9568, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence M. Ball, 2006. "Has Globalization Changed Inflation?," NBER Working Papers 12687, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ravi Balakrishnan & Sam Ouliaris, 2006. "U.S. Inflation Dynamics; What Drives Them Over Different Frequencies?," IMF Working Papers 06/159, International Monetary Fund.
- David Brauer, 1993. "Why do services prices rise more rapidly than goods prices?," Research Paper 9330, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andersson, Fredrik N. G., 2008. "Core Inflation - Why the Federal Reserve Got it Wrong," Working Papers 2008:19, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- International Monetary Fund, 2008. "New Zealand; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 08/164, International Monetary Fund.
- Benjamin L Hunt, 2009. "The Declining Importance of Tradable Goods Manufacturing in Australia and New Zealand; How Much Can Growth Theory Explain?," IMF Working Papers 09/16, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Inflation; Globalization; Prices; United Kingdom; relative prices; relative price; price inflation; rational expectations;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2007-10-13 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2007-10-13 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2007-10-13 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2007-10-13 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:07/208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .