Assessing Competitiveness and Real Exchange Rate Misalignment in Low-Income Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1996. "The Purchasing Power Parity Puzzle," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(2), pages 647-668, June.
- Gonzalo, Jesus & Granger, Clive W J, 1995.
"Estimation of Common Long-Memory Components in Cointegrated Systems,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 13(1), pages 27-35, January.
- Gonzalo, J. & Granger, C., 1992. "Estimation of Common Long-Memory Components in Cointegrated Systems," Papers 4, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Gonzalo and Granger JBES 1995 paper," Statistical Software Components RTZ00074, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Etienne B Yehoue & Gilles J. Dufrénot, 2005. "Real Exchange Rate Misalignment; A Panel Co-Integration and Common Factor Analysis," IMF Working Papers 05/164, International Monetary Fund.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Lewis, Jeffrey D & Robinson, Sherman, 1993. "External Shocks, Purchasing Power Parity, and the Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(1), pages 45-63, January.
- Ronald Mac Donald, 1998. "What Do We Really Know About Real Exchange Rates?," Working Papers 28, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Mark W Lewis & Jean-Claude Nachega & Said A Bakhache & Kadima D. Kalonji, 2006. "Assessing Competitiveness After Conflict; The Case of the Central African Republic," IMF Working Papers 06/303, International Monetary Fund.
- W. M. Corden, 1960. "The Geometric Representation of Policies to Attain Internal and External Balance," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 1-22.
- MacDonald, Ronald, 2000. "Concepts to Calculate Equilibrium Exchange Rates: An Overview," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2000,03, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- T. W.Swan, 1960. "Economic Control In A Dependent Economy," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 36(73), pages 51-66, March.
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1992.
"Traded Goods Consumption Smoothing and the Random Walk Behavior of the Real Exchange Rate,"
Monetary and Economic Studies,
Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 10(2), pages 1-29, November.
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1992. "Traded Goods Consumption Smoothing and the Random Walk Behavior of the Real Exchange Rate," NBER Working Papers 4119, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aasim M. Husain, 2006. "To Peg or Not to Peg; A Template for Assessing the Nobler," IMF Working Papers 06/54, International Monetary Fund.
- Peter B. Clark & Steven A. Symansky & Tamim Bayoumi & Mark P. Taylor, 1994. "Robustness of Equilibrium Exchange Rate Calculations to Alternative Assumptions and Methodologies," IMF Working Papers 94/17, International Monetary Fund.
- Ronald MacDonald, 1997. "What Determines Real Exchange Rates? The Long and Short of it," IMF Working Papers 97/21, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lone Christiansen & Alessandro Prati & Luca Antonio Ricci & Thierry Tressel, 2010.
"External Balance in Low-Income Countries,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2009, pages 265-322
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mahvash S Qureshi, 2008. "Africa’s Oil Abundance and External Competitiveness; Do Institutions Matter?," IMF Working Papers 08/172, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2010. "Bangladesh; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 10/56, International Monetary Fund.
- Erdoğan, Eren & Aras, Osman Nuri & Öztürk, Mustafa, 2012. "Does Overvalued Turkish Lira Affect Turkey's Foreign Trade Competitiveness?," MPRA Paper 81857, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- International Monetary Fund, 2009. "Republic of Congo; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 09/72, International Monetary Fund.
- Blaise Gnimassoun, 2012. "Taux de change et mésalignements du franc CFA avant et après l’introduction de l’euro," EconomiX Working Papers 2012-3, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Emilio Pineda & Paul Cashin & Yan M Sun, 2009. "Assessing Exchange Rate Competitiveness in the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union," IMF Working Papers 09/78, International Monetary Fund.
- Klaus-Stefan Enders, 2009. "Exchange Rate Assessment for Oil Exporters," IMF Working Papers 09/81, International Monetary Fund.
- Peter Baláz & Lukáš Harvánek, 2016. "Competitiveness of the Chinese Economy and its Link to the Global Energy Prices Development," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 305-317.
More about this item
KeywordsExport competitiveness; Low-income developing countries; Foreign exchange; Real effective exchange rates; Competitiveness; Equilibrium Exchange Rates; Low-Income Countries; reer; exchange rate; export volume; exchange rates; real exchange rate; Comparative Studies of Countries;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2007-10-13 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CSE-2007-10-13 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-IFN-2007-10-13 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:07/201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.