Building Supervisory Structures in Sub-Saharan Africa; An Analytical Framework
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Cihak & Richard Podpiera, 2006. "Is One Watchdog Better Than Three? International Experience with Integrated Financial Sector Supervision," IMF Working Papers 06/57, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hearn, Bruce, 2014. "Institutional impact on the expropriation of private benefits of control in North Africa," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 1-23.
- Thorsten Beck & Samuel Munzele Maimbo & Issa Faye & Thouraya Triki, 2011. "Financing Africa : Through the Crisis and Beyond," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2355.
- Hearn, Bruce, 2012. "The contrasting effects of board composition and structure on IPO firm underpricing in a developing context," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 33-44.
- Donato Masciandaro & Marc Quintyn, 2011. "Regulating the Regulators: The Changing Face of Financial Supervision Architectures Before and After the Financial Crisis," Chapters,in: Handbook of Central Banking, Financial Regulation and Supervision, chapter 16 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Serge Jeanneau, 2011. "Central bank governance and financial stability: issues of potential relevance to Africa," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Central banking in Africa: prospects in a changing world, volume 56, pages 21-36 Bank for International Settlements.
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica; Absorptive capacity; Bank supervision; Financial sector; Sub-Saharan Africa; financial development; and financial regulation; central bank; monetary fund; monetary policy; reserve bank; central banks;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:07/18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .