Financial Sector Reforms and Prospects for Financial Integration in Maghreb Countries
A healthy and dynamic financial sector is essential to achieving high and sustainable economic growth in the Maghreb region-Algeria, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, and Tunisia. Financial integration within the Maghreb region will help deepen financial markets, increase their efficiency, and enhance the resilience of economies to shocks. It can also play a catalyst role for the global financial integration of the Maghreb region. This paper provides an overview of the financial systems, takes stock of the reform effort and highlights the challenges ahead, and examines the prospects for financial integration in the five Maghreb countries.
|Date of creation:||01 May 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Sturm & Nikolaus Siegfried, 2005. "Regional monetary integration in the member states of the Gulf Cooperation Council," Occasional Paper Series 31, European Central Bank.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, .
"The Past and Future of Commercial Banking Viewed Through an Incomplete Contract Lens,"
CRSP working papers
464, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Rajan, Raghuram G, 1998. "The Past and Future of Commercial Banking Viewed through an Incomplete Contract Lens," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 524-50, August.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 1998. "The past and future of commercial banking viewed through an incomplete contract lens," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug, pages 524-550.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, . "The Past and Future of Commercial Banking Viewed through an Incomplete Contract Lens," CRSP working papers 337, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Mohsin S. Khan & A. Senhadji Semlali, 2000. "Financial Development and Economic Growth; An Overview," IMF Working Papers 00/209, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2006. "Tunisia; Financial System Stability Assessment Update," IMF Staff Country Reports 06/448, International Monetary Fund.
- World Bank & International Monetory Fund, 2001. "Developing Government Bond Markets : A Handbook," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13865, September.
- ZsÃ³fia Ãrvai, 2005. "Capital Account Liberalization, Capital Flow Patterns, and Policy Responses in the EU's New Member States," IMF Working Papers 05/213, International Monetary Fund.
- Levine, Ross, 2005.
"Finance and Growth: Theory and Evidence,"
Handbook of Economic Growth,
in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 865-934
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:07/125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.