The Economics of Islamic Finance and Securitization
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. Merton, 2005. "Theory of rational option pricing," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 8, pages 229-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Choudhry, Nurun N. & Mirakhor, Abbas, 1997. "Indirect Instruments Of Monetary Control In An Islamic Financial System," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 4, pages 28-65.
- El-Hawary & Dahlia & Grais, Wafik & Iqbal, Zamir, 2004. "Regulating islamic financial institutions : The nature of the regulated," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3227, The World Bank.
- Mirakhor, Abbas & Zaidi, Iqbal, 1988. "Stabilization and Growth in an Open Islamic Economy," MPRA Paper 56003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Munawar Iqbal & David T. Llewellyn, 2002. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Islamic Banking and Finance, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Luca Errico & Mitra Farahbaksh, 1998. "Islamic Banking; Issues in Prudential Regulations and Supervision," IMF Working Papers 98/30, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Čihák & Heiko Hesse, 2010.
"Islamic Banks and Financial Stability: An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 38(2), pages 95-113, December.
- Martin Cihak & Heiko Hesse, 2008. "Islamic Banks and Financial Stability; An Empirical Analysis," IMF Working Papers 08/16, International Monetary Fund.
- Kablan, S & Yousfi, O, 2011.
"Efficiency of islamic and conventional banks in countries with islamic banking,"
32951, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sandrine Kablan & Ouidad Yousfi, 2017. "Efficiency of islamic and conventional banks in countries with islamic banking," Working Papers hal-01527697, HAL.
- Abedifar, Pejman & Hasan, Iftekhar & Tarazi, Amine, 2016.
"Finance-growth nexus and dual-banking systems: Relative importance of Islamic banks,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 132(S), pages 198-215.
- Pejman Abedifar & Iftekhar Hasan & Amine Tarazi, 2014. "Finance-Growth Nexus and Dual Banking System: Relative Importance of Islamic Banks," Working Papers hal-01065676, HAL.
- Pejman Abedifar & Iftekhar Hasan & Amine Tarazi, 2016. "Finance-Growth Nexus and Dual-Banking Systems: Relative Importance of Islamic Banks," Post-Print hal-01324715, HAL.
- Pejman Abedifar & Iftekhar Hasan & Amine Tarazi, 2016. "Finance-Growth Nexus and Dual-Banking Systems: Relative Importance of Islamic Banks," Working Papers hal-01296613, HAL.
- Sandrine Kablan & Ouidad Yousfi, 2015.
"Performance of Islamic Banks across the World: An Empirical Analysis over the Period 2001-2008,"
International Journal of Empirical Finance,
Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 4(1), pages 27-46.
- Kablan, Sandrine & Yousfi, Ouidad, 2011. "Performance of islamic banks across the world: an empirical analysis over the period 2001-2008," MPRA Paper 28695, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Feb 2011.
- Sandrine Kablan & Ouidad Yousfi, 2017. "Performance of islamic banks across the world: an empirical analysis over the period 2001-2008," Working Papers hal-01527696, HAL.
- Baele, L. & Farooq, M. & Ongena, S., 2012. "Of Religion and Redemption : Evidence from Default on Islamic Loans (Replaces CentER DP 2010-136)," Discussion Paper 2012-014, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mumtaz Hussain & Asghar Shahmoradi & Rima Turk, 2016. "An Overview of Islamic Finance," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(01), pages 1-28, February.
- Baele, Lieven & Farooq, Moazzam & Ongena, Steven, 2014.
"Of religion and redemption: Evidence from default on Islamic loans,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 141-159.
- Baele, Lieven & Farooq, Moazzam & Ongena, Steven, 2011. "Of Religion and Redemption: Evidence from Default on Islamic Loans," CEPR Discussion Papers 8504, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baele, L.T.M. & Farooq, Moazzam & Ongena, S.R.G., 2014. "Of religion and redemption : Evidence from default on Islamic loans," Other publications TiSEM b5dfdcea-ddd7-425f-8618-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Juan Sole & Andreas Jobst, 2012. "Operative Principles of Islamic Derivatives; Towards a Coherent Theory," IMF Working Papers 12/63, International Monetary Fund.
- Giorgio Gomel & Angelo Cicogna & Domenico De Falco & Marco Valerio Della Penna & Lorenzo Di Bona De Sarzana & Angela Di Maria & Patrizia Di Natale & Alessandra Freni & Sergio Masciantonio & Giacomo Od, 2010. "Islamic finance and conventional financial systems. Market trends, supervisory perspectives and implications for central banking activity," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 73, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Hussein, Kassim, 2010. "Bank level stability factors and consumer confidence – a comparative study of Islamic and conventional banks’ product mix," MPRA Paper 21800, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-093 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-448 is not listed on IDEAS
- Omar Masood & Ghulam Shabbir Khan Niazi & Noryati Ahmad, 2011. "An analysis of the growth and rise of smaller Islamic banks in last decade," Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 105-116, June.
- Andreas A. Jobst, 2014. "The Islamic debate on derivatives," Chapters,in: Handbook on Islam and Economic Life, chapter 16, pages iii-iii Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-505 is not listed on IDEAS
- Godlewski, Christophe J. & Turk-Ariss, Rima & Weill, Laurent, 2013. "Sukuk vs. conventional bonds: A stock market perspective," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 745-761.
- Abdelbari El Khamlichi & Kabir Sarkar Humayun & Mohamed Arouri & Frédéric Teulon, 2014. "Are Islamic equity indices more efficient than their conventional counterparts ? Evidence from major global index families," Working Papers 2014-91, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-091 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean Yves MOISSERON & Bruno Laurent MOSCHETTO & Frédéric TEULON, 2014. "Islamic finance: a review of the literature," Working Papers 2014-93, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Karmila Hanim Kamil & Marliana Abdullah & Shahida Shahimi & Abdul Ghafar Ismail, 2010. "The subprime mortgages crisis and Islamic securitization," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 386-401, November.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial institutions; Bank credit; Loan guarantees; Islamic finance; Islamic banking; securitization; ABS; MBS; structured finance; Islamic securitization; sovereign securitization; shariah compliance; sukuk; mudharaba; ijara; murabaha; islamic law;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:07/117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .