The Economics of Islamic Finance and Securitization
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. Merton, 2005. "Theory of rational option pricing," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 8, pages 229-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Choudhry, Nurun N. & Mirakhor, Abbas, 1997. "Indirect Instruments Of Monetary Control In An Islamic Financial System," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 4, pages 28-65.
- El-Hawary & Dahlia & Grais, Wafik & Iqbal, Zamir, 2004. "Regulating islamic financial institutions : The nature of the regulated," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3227, The World Bank.
- Mirakhor, Abbas & Zaidi, Iqbal, 1988. "Stabilization and Growth in an Open Islamic Economy," MPRA Paper 56003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Munawar Iqbal & David T. Llewellyn, 2002. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Islamic Banking and Finance, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Luca Errico & Mitra Farahbaksh, 1998. "Islamic Banking; Issues in Prudential Regulations and Supervision," IMF Working Papers 98/30, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Čihák & Heiko Hesse, 2010.
"Islamic Banks and Financial Stability: An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 38(2), pages 95-113, December.
- Martin Cihak & Heiko Hesse, 2008. "Islamic Banks and Financial Stability; An Empirical Analysis," IMF Working Papers 08/16, International Monetary Fund.
- Kablan, S & Yousfi, O, 2011.
"Efficiency of islamic and conventional banks in countries with islamic banking,"
32951, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sandrine Kablan & Ouidad Yousfi, 2017. "Efficiency of islamic and conventional banks in countries with islamic banking," Working Papers hal-01527697, HAL.
- Abedifar, Pejman & Hasan, Iftekhar & Tarazi, Amine, 2016.
"Finance-growth nexus and dual-banking systems: Relative importance of Islamic banks,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 132(S), pages 198-215.
- Pejman Abedifar & Iftekhar Hasan & Amine Tarazi, 2014. "Finance-Growth Nexus and Dual Banking System: Relative Importance of Islamic Banks," Working Papers hal-01065676, HAL.
- Pejman Abedifar & Iftekhar Hasan & Amine Tarazi, 2016. "Finance-Growth Nexus and Dual-Banking Systems: Relative Importance of Islamic Banks," Post-Print hal-01324715, HAL.
- Pejman Abedifar & Iftekhar Hasan & Amine Tarazi, 2016. "Finance-Growth Nexus and Dual-Banking Systems: Relative Importance of Islamic Banks," Working Papers hal-01296613, HAL.
- Sandrine Kablan & Ouidad Yousfi, 2015.
"Performance of Islamic Banks across the World: An Empirical Analysis over the Period 2001-2008,"
International Journal of Empirical Finance,
Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 4(1), pages 27-46.
- Kablan, Sandrine & Yousfi, Ouidad, 2011. "Performance of islamic banks across the world: an empirical analysis over the period 2001-2008," MPRA Paper 28695, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Feb 2011.
- Sandrine Kablan & Ouidad Yousfi, 2017. "Performance of islamic banks across the world: an empirical analysis over the period 2001-2008," Working Papers hal-01527696, HAL.
- Baele, L. & Farooq, M. & Ongena, S., 2012. "Of Religion and Redemption : Evidence from Default on Islamic Loans (Replaces CentER DP 2010-136)," Discussion Paper 2012-014, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mumtaz Hussain & Asghar Shahmoradi & Rima Turk, 2016. "An Overview of Islamic Finance," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(01), pages 1-28, February.
- Baele, Lieven & Farooq, Moazzam & Ongena, Steven, 2014.
"Of religion and redemption: Evidence from default on Islamic loans,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 141-159.
- Baele, Lieven & Farooq, Moazzam & Ongena, Steven, 2011. "Of Religion and Redemption: Evidence from Default on Islamic Loans," CEPR Discussion Papers 8504, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baele, L.T.M. & Farooq, Moazzam & Ongena, S.R.G., 2014. "Of religion and redemption : Evidence from default on Islamic loans," Other publications TiSEM b5dfdcea-ddd7-425f-8618-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Juan Sole & Andreas Jobst, 2012. "Operative Principles of Islamic Derivatives; Towards a Coherent Theory," IMF Working Papers 12/63, International Monetary Fund.
- Giorgio Gomel & Angelo Cicogna & Domenico De Falco & Marco Valerio Della Penna & Lorenzo Di Bona De Sarzana & Angela Di Maria & Patrizia Di Natale & Alessandra Freni & Sergio Masciantonio & Giacomo Od, 2010. "Islamic finance and conventional financial systems. Market trends, supervisory perspectives and implications for central banking activity," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 73, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Hussein, Kassim, 2010. "Bank level stability factors and consumer confidence – a comparative study of Islamic and conventional banks’ product mix," MPRA Paper 21800, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-093 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-448 is not listed on IDEAS
- Omar Masood & Ghulam Shabbir Khan Niazi & Noryati Ahmad, 2011. "An analysis of the growth and rise of smaller Islamic banks in last decade," Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 105-116, June.
- Andreas A. Jobst, 2014. "The Islamic debate on derivatives," Chapters,in: Handbook on Islam and Economic Life, chapter 16, pages iii-iii Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-505 is not listed on IDEAS
- Godlewski, Christophe J. & Turk-Ariss, Rima & Weill, Laurent, 2013. "Sukuk vs. conventional bonds: A stock market perspective," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 745-761.
- Abdelbari El Khamlichi & Kabir Sarkar Humayun & Mohamed Arouri & Frédéric Teulon, 2014. "Are Islamic equity indices more efficient than their conventional counterparts ? Evidence from major global index families," Working Papers 2014-91, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-091 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean Yves MOISSERON & Bruno Laurent MOSCHETTO & Frédéric TEULON, 2014. "Islamic finance: a review of the literature," Working Papers 2014-93, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Karmila Hanim Kamil & Marliana Abdullah & Shahida Shahimi & Abdul Ghafar Ismail, 2010. "The subprime mortgages crisis and Islamic securitization," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 386-401, November.
- repec:mbr:jmonec:v:6:y:2012:i:4:p:133-166 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial institutions; Bank credit; Loan guarantees; Islamic finance; Islamic banking; securitization; ABS; MBS; structured finance; Islamic securitization; sovereign securitization; shariah compliance; sukuk; mudharaba; ijara; murabaha; islamic law;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:07/117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.