American in the Shadows; Harry Dexter White and the Design of the International Monetary Fund
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Laidler & Roger Sandilands, 2002. "An Early Harvard Memorandum on Anti-Depression Policies: An Introductory Note," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 515-532, Fall.
- David Laidler & Roger Sandilands, 2000. "An Early Harvard Memorandum on anti-Depression Policies. Introductory Note," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 20004, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Boughton, James M., 2004. "New Light on Harry Dexter White," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(02), pages 179-195, June.
- Schwartz, Anna J, 1997.
"From Obscurity to Notoriety: A Biography of the Exchange Stabilization Fund,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(2), pages 135-153, May.
- Anna J. Schwartz, 1996. "From Obscurity to Notoriety: A Biography of the Exchange Stabilization Fund," NBER Working Papers 5699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- C. Randall Henning, 1999.
"Exchange Stabilization Fund: Slush Fund or War Chest?, The,"
Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa57, October.
- C. Randall Henning, 1999. "Exchange Stabilization Fund: Slush Fund or War Chest?, The," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa57.
- James M. Boughton, 2002. "Why White, Not Keynes? Inventing the Post-War International Monetary System," IMF Working Papers 02/52, International Monetary Fund.
- Bordo Michael D. & Kydland Finn E., 1995. "The Gold Standard As a Rule: An Essay in Exploration," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 423-464, October.
- Michael Bordo & Anna J. Schwartz, 2001. "From the Exchange Stabilization Fund to the International Monetary Fund," NBER Working Papers 8100, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsExchange rate regimes; Capital flows; Capital controls; International monetary system; Fund; IMF; Harry Dexter White; exchange regimes; gold; silver; monetary fund; monetary system; History of Thought: Individuals; International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions; White; Harry Dexter;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2006-03-05 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-HIS-2006-03-05 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2006-03-05 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-IFN-2006-03-05 (International Finance)
- NEP-MON-2006-03-05 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:06/6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .