Is One Watchdog Better Than Three? International Experience with Integrated Financial Sector Supervision
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Udaibir S Das & Marc G Quintyn, 2002. "Crisis Prevention and Crisis Management; The Role of Regulatory Governance," IMF Working Papers 02/163, International Monetary Fund.
- Udaibir S Das & Marc G Quintyn & Kina Chenard, 2004. "Does Regulatory Governance Matter for Financial System Stability? An Empirical Analysis," IMF Working Papers 04/89, International Monetary Fund.
- Gianni De Nicolo & Mary G Zephirin & Philip F. Bartholomew & Jahanara Zaman, 2003. "Bank Consolidation, Internationalization, and Conglomeration; Trends and Implications for Financial Risk," IMF Working Papers 03/158, International Monetary Fund.
- Richard K. Abrams & Michael W Taylor, 2000. "Issues in the Unification of Financial Sector Supervision," IMF Working Papers 00/213, International Monetary Fund.
- Richard Podpiera, 2004. "Does Compliance with Basel Core Principles Bring Any Measurable Benefits?," IMF Working Papers 04/204, International Monetary Fund.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "The prudential regulation of banks," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9539, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Dirk Schoenmaker, 1992. "Institutional Separation between Supervisory and Monetary Agencies," FMG Special Papers sp52, Financial Markets Group.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Melanie S. Milo, 2007. "Integrated Financial Supervision : An Institutional Perspective for the Philippines," Finance Working Papers 22667, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kenneth Sullivan, 2008. "Presentación proactiva del desempeño," Boletín, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(3), pages 130-135, Julio-sep.
- Kawai, Masahiro & Pomerleano, Michael, 2010. "Regulating Systemic Risk," ADBI Working Papers 189, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Jeżowski Mirosław, 2015. "Design and Factors Affecting State Supervision of the Financial Market," Management and Business Administration. Central Europe, De Gruyter Open, vol. 23(1), pages 113-129, March.
- Jackson, Howell E. & Roe, Mark J., 2009. "Public and private enforcement of securities laws: Resource-based evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 207-238, August.
- Bartosz Godziszewski & Michal Kruszka, 2013. "Stability of Banking System in Poland and Activity of the KNF - Polish Financial Supervision Authority," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 14(1), pages 29-34, May.
- Ovidiu Stoica & Delia-Elena Diaconasu, 2012. "Regional Economic Integration And National Financial Supervision. A Comparative Study," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 2(14), pages 1-23.
- Estrada, Dairo Ayiber & Gutiérrez R., Javier, 2009.
"Supervisión y regulación del sistema financiero: modelos, implicaciones y alcances,"
PERFIL DE COYUNTURA ECONÓMICA,
UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE, August.
- Dairo Estrada & Javier Gutiérrez Rueda, 2008. "Supervisión Y Regulación Del Sistema Financiero:Modelos Implicaciones Y Alcances," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 004543, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Dairo Estrada & Javier Gutiérrez Rueda, 2008. "Supervisión y regulación del sistema financiero: Modelos, implicaciones y alcances," Borradores de Economia 490, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Martin Čihák & Alexander Tieman, 2011.
"Quality of Financial Sector Regulation and Supervision Around the World,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Central Banking, Financial Regulation and Supervision, chapter 15
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Martin Cihak & Alexander F. Tieman, 2008. "Quality of Financial Sector Regulation and Supervision Around the World," IMF Working Papers 08/190, International Monetary Fund.
- Petr Musílek, 2006. "Comparison Models of the Financial Regulation and Supervision: Advantages and Disadvantages," Český finanční a účetní časopis, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2006(4), pages 8-22.
- Buklemishev, O. & Danilov, Yu., 2013. "Effective Financial Regulation and Creation of the Mega-Regulator in Russia," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 82-98.
- Milo, Melanie S., 2007. "Integrated Financial Supervision: an Institutional Perspective for the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2007-17, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Marc G Quintyn & Michael W Taylor, 2007. "Building Supervisory Structures in Sub-Saharan Africa; An Analytical Framework," IMF Working Papers 07/18, International Monetary Fund.
- Petr Musílek, 2008. "Institutional Arrangement of Financial Markets Supervision: The Case of the Czech Republic," European Financial and Accounting Journal, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2008(4), pages 6-21.
- Francesc Trillas Jané, 2016. "Behavioral Regulatory Agencies," Working Papers wpdea1606, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Folarin Akinbami & Franklin N Ngwu, 2016. "Overhauling the institutional structure of financial regulation in Nigeria: The unfinished reform," Journal of Banking Regulation, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 17(4), pages 311-331, November.
- Jenny Corbett, 2007. "Financial Institutions and Structures for Growth in East Asia," EABER Working Papers 21858, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Monkiewicz Jan, 2009. "Enterprise Management and Regulation of Economic Activity: The Case of Insurance," Foundations of Management, De Gruyter Open, vol. 1(2), pages 129-142, January.
- Pasali, Selahattin Selsah, 2013. "Where is the cheese ? synthesizing a giant literature on causes and consequences of financial sector development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6655, The World Bank.
- Banco Central Europeo, 2008. "La titulización en la zona del euro," Boletín, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(3), pages 136-149, Julio-sep.
More about this item
KeywordsBank regulations; Bank supervision; Financial sector; Securities regulations; Insurance regulations; Insurance supervision; financial services regulation; prudential supervision; supervisory agencies; integrated supervision; banking; banking supervision; regulatory environment; General Financial Markets: Government Policy and Regulation; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation; Regulation and Business Law: General; Regulation and Industrial Policy: General;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2006-08-05 (Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2006-08-05 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-IAS-2006-08-05 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:06/57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.