Banking Spreads in Latin America
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Panzar, John C & Rosse, James N, 1987. "Testing for "Monopoly" Equilibrium," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 443-456, June.
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1900, The World Bank.
- R. Gaston Gelos & Shang-Jin Wei, 2005. "Transparency and International Portfolio Holdings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(6), pages 2987-3020, December.
- Adolfo Barajas & Roberto Steiner & Natalia Salazar, 1999. "Interest Spreads in Banking in Colombia, 1974-96," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 46(2), pages 1-4.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Laeven, Luc & Levine, Ross, 2004.
"Regulations, Market Structure, Institutions, and the Cost of Financial Intermediation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 593-622, June.
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Luc Laeven & Ross Levine, 2004. "Regulations, market structure, institutions, and the cost of financial intermediation," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 593-626.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Luc Laeven & Ross Levine, 2003. "Regulations, Market Structure, Institutions, and the Cost of Financial Intermediation," NBER Working Papers 9890, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levine, Ross, 2005. "Finance and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 865-934 Elsevier.
- Saunders, Anthony & Schumacher, Liliana, 2000. "The determinants of bank interest rate margins: an international study," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 813-832, December.
- Patrick Honohan, 2003. "Taxation of Financial Intermediation : Theory and Practice for Emerging Economines," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15122, June.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1989. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 14-31, March.
- Gelos, R. G. & Roldos, Jorge, 2004.
"Consolidation and market structure in emerging market banking systems,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 39-59, March.
- R. G Gelos & Jorge Roldos, 2002. "Consolidation and Market Structure in Emerging Market Banking Systems," IMF Working Papers 02/186, International Monetary Fund.
- Claessens, Stijn & Laeven, Luc, 2004.
"What Drives Bank Competition? Some International Evidence,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 563-583, June.
- Stijn Claessens & Luc Laeven, 2004. "What drives bank competition? Some international evidence," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 563-592.
- Claessens, Stijn & Laeven, Luc, 2003. "What drives bank competition? some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3113, The World Bank.
- Brock, Philip L. & Rojas Suarez, Liliana, 2000. "Understanding the behavior of bank spreads in Latin America," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 113-134, October.
- Agnes A Belaisch, 2003. "Do Brazilian Banks Compete?," IMF Working Papers 03/113, International Monetary Fund.
- Claessens, Stijn & Demirguc-Kunt, Asl[iota] & Huizinga, Harry, 2001. "How does foreign entry affect domestic banking markets?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 891-911, May.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial intermediation; Bank rates; Latin America; Interest rates; Inflation; Taxation; Banking spreads; banking; reserve requirements; bank spreads; deposit rate; Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy;
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:06/44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .