Effects of Globalization on Labor’s Share in National Income
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bentolila Samuel & Saint-Paul Gilles, 2003.
"Explaining Movements in the Labor Share,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-33, October.
- Bentolila, Samuel & Saint-Paul, Gilles, 1998. "Explaining Movements in the Labour Share," CEPR Discussion Papers 1958, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Samuel Bentolila & Gilles Saint Paul, 1999. "Explaining movements in the labor share," Economics Working Papers 374, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Bentollia, S. & Saint-Paul, G., 1999. "Explaining Movements in the Labor Share," Papers 9905, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2003. "Labor- And Capital-Augmenting Technical Change," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(1), pages 1-37, March.
- Emma Aisbett, 2007.
"Why are the Critics So Convinced that Globalization is Bad for the Poor?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Globalization and Poverty, pages 33-86
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emma Aisbett, 2005. "Why are the Critics so Convinced that Globalization is Bad for the Poor?," NBER Working Papers 11066, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dani Rodrik, 1997. "Has Globalization Gone Too Far?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 57.
- Ripatti, Antti & Vilmunen, Jouko, 2001. "Declining labour share : Evidence of a change in the underlying production technology," Research Discussion Papers 10/2001, Bank of Finland.
- Minsik Choi, 2001. "Threat Effect of Foreign Direct Investment on Labor Union Wage Premium," Working Papers wp27, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Alan V. Deardorff, 2003. "What Might Globalisation's Critics Believe?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(5), pages 639-658, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew T. Young & Hernando Zuleta, 2016. "Golden Rules of Wages," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 253-270, July.
- Du, Julan & Fang, Hongsheng & Jin, Xiangrong, 2014. "The “growth-first strategy” and the imbalance between consumption and investment in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 441-458.
- Forges Davanzati, Guglielmo & Pacella, Andrea, 2013. "The profits-investments puzzle: A Post Keynesian-Institutional interpretation," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 1-13.
- Toshitaka Sekine, 2009.
"Another Look at Global Disinflation,"
NBER Chapters,in: Financial Globalization, 20th Anniversary Conference, NBER-TCER-CEPR
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sekine, Toshitaka, 2009. "Another look at global disinflation," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 220-239, June.
- Özlem Onaran, 2008. "The Effects of Globalization on Wages, Employment, and Wage Share in Austria," Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft - WuG, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik, vol. 34(3), pages 337-360.
- Gustav A. Horn & Katharina Dröge & Simon Sturn & Till van Treeck & Rudolf Zwiener, 2009.
"Von der Finanzkrise zur Weltwirtschaftskrise (III),"
41-2009, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Gustav A. Horn & Heike Joebges & Torsten Niechoj & Christian R. Proaño & Simon Sturn & Silke Tober & Achim Truger & Till van Treeck, 2009. "Von der Finanzkrise zur Weltwirtschaftskrise (I)," IMK Report 38-2009, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Gustav A. Horn & Heike Joebges & Rudolf Zwiener, 2009. "Von der Finanzkrise zur Weltwirtschaftskrise (II)," IMK Report 40-2009, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Malte Luebker, 2017.
"Poverty, employment and inequality in the SDGs: heterodox discourse, orthodox policies?,"
Chapters,in: Sustainable Development Goals and Income Inequality, chapter 8, pages 141-168
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Luebker, M., 2017. "Poverty, employment and inequality in the SDGs: Heterodox discourse, orthodox policies?," ISS Working Papers - General Series 626, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- repec:voj:journl:v:63:y:2016:i:2:p:231-258 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sheida Teimouri, 2015. "Currency crises and dynamics of real wages," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 151(2), pages 377-403, May.
- Ghazala Azmat & Alan Manning & John Van Reenen, 2007.
"Privatization, Entry Regulation and the Decline of Labor's Share of GDP: A Cross-Country Analysis of the Network Industries,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0806, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Azmat, Ghazala & Manning, Alan & Van Reenen, John, 2007. "Privatization, entry regulation and the decline of labor's share of GDP: a cross-country analysis of the network industries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 4552, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Azmat, Ghazala & Manning, Alan & Van Reenen, John, 2007. "Privatization, Entry Regulation and the Decline of Labour's Share of GDP: A Cross-Country Analysis of the Network Industries," CEPR Discussion Papers 6348, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ahsan, Reshad N. & Mitra, Devashish, 2014. "Trade liberalization and labor's slice of the pie: Evidence from Indian firms," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 1-16.
- Oduor, Jacob, 2010. "Are prior restrictions on factor shares appropriate in growth accounting estimations?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 595-604, March.
- Elsa Orgiazzi & Paul Maarek, 2010.
"Which factor bears the cost of currency crises?,"
2010 Meeting Papers
810, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Paul Maarek & Elsa Orgiazzi, 2011. "Which factor bears the cost of currency crises?," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201101, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- repec:taf:raaexx:v:18:y:2011:i:2:p:201-211 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:poleco:v:52:y:2018:i:c:p:18-35 is not listed on IDEAS
- Croci Angelini, Elisabetta & Farina, Francesco & Valentini, Enzo, 2017. "Wages and employment by skill level in Southern and Eastern Europe during the crisis," GLO Discussion Paper Series 153, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Ernesto Screpanti, 2010. "La grande crisi e l’imperialismo globale," Department of Economics University of Siena 590, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Omer GOKCEKUS & Kevin BENGYAK, 2015. "Learning Heckscher-Ohlin Model in Five Easy Steps," Journal of Economics and Political Economy, KSP Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 137-143, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEmployment policy; Globalization; National income; Labor productivity; Productivity; Trade policy; Trade; Labor’s share; capital’s share; labor protection; bargaining power; compensation share; employment share; Heckscher-Ohlin theorem; employment; employment protection; labor share; International Economic Order; Trade and Labor Market Interactions; The Heckscher-ohlin Theorem; General Aggregative Models;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2007-05-04 (International Trade)
- NEP-MAC-2007-05-04 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:06/294. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.