The Rise of Foreign Investment in China’s Banks—Taking Stock
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1900, The World Bank.
- Enrica Detragiache & Thierry Tressel & Poonam Gupta, 2008.
"Foreign Banks in Poor Countries: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 63(5), pages 2123-2160, October.
- Enrica Detragiache & Poonam Gupta & Thierry Tressel, 2006. "Foreign Banks in Poor Countries; Theory and Evidence," IMF Working Papers 06/18, International Monetary Fund.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Laeven, Luc & Levine, Ross, 2004.
"Regulations, Market Structure, Institutions, and the Cost of Financial Intermediation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 593-622, June.
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Luc Laeven & Ross Levine, 2004. "Regulations, market structure, institutions, and the cost of financial intermediation," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 593-626.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Luc Laeven & Ross Levine, 2003. "Regulations, Market Structure, Institutions, and the Cost of Financial Intermediation," NBER Working Papers 9890, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Detragiache, Enrica & Gupta, Poonam, 2006.
"Foreign banks in emerging market crises: Evidence from Malaysia,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 217-242, October.
- Enrica Detragiache & Poonam Gupta, 2004. "Foreign Banks in Emerging Market Crises; Evidence From Malaysia," IMF Working Papers 04/129, International Monetary Fund.
- Barajas, Adolfo & Steiner, Roberto & Salazar, Natalia, 2000. "The impact of liberalization and foreign investment in Colombia's financial sector," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 157-196, October.
- Van Tassel, Eric & Vishwasrao, Sharmila, 2007.
"Asymmetric information and the mode of entry in foreign credit markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3742-3760, December.
- Eric Van Tassel & Sharmila Vishwasrao, 2006. "Asymmetric Information and the Mode of Entry In Foreign Credit Markets," Working Papers 06002, Department of Economics, College of Business, Florida Atlantic University.
- Dietrich Domanski, 2005. "Foreign banks in emerging market economies: changing players, changing issues," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Richard Podpiera, 2006. "Progress in China’s Banking Sector Reform; Has Bank Behavior Changed?," IMF Working Papers 06/71, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramkishen S. Rajan & Sasidaran Gopalan, 2009. "Sales to Foreign Banks in Emerging Asia," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 7(3), pages 29-33, October.
- Robert M. Stern, 2010. "Trade in Financial ServicesÑHas the IMF Been Involved Constructively?," Working Papers 613, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Yin, Haiyan & Yang, Jiawen & Mehran, Jamshid, 2013. "An empirical study of bank efficiency in China after WTO accession," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 153-170.
- James Laurenceson & Zhao Yong, "undated". "Efficiency Amongst China’s Banks:A DEA Analysis Five Years after WTO Entry," EAERG Discussion Paper Series 1605, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- James Laurenceson & Fengming Qin, "undated". "Has minority foreign investment in Chinaï¿½s banks improved their cost efficiency?," EAERG Discussion Paper Series 1305, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Prasad, Eswar S., 2009. "Is the Chinese growth miracle built to last?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 103-123, March.
- Priscilla Liang, 2016. "Comparing Chinese and Indian Banks and their Socialist versus Capitalist Reforms," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(4), pages 1310-1320.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:7:y:2009:i:3:p:14567066 is not listed on IDEAS
- Katharina Pistor, 2012. "The Governance of China's Finance," NBER Chapters,in: Capitalizing China, pages 35-60 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsBank reforms; Banks; China; Foreign investment; World Trade Organization; WTO; banking reforms; banking; foreign banks; banking sector; foreign investors; foreign bank; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2007-05-04 (Banking)
- NEP-CNA-2007-05-04 (China)
- NEP-INT-2007-05-04 (International Trade)
- NEP-SEA-2007-05-04 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2007-05-04 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:06/292. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .