Implementing Inflation Targeting; Institutional Arrangements, Target Design, and Communications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frederic S Mishkin, 2004. "Can Central Bank Transparency Go Too Far?," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Christopher Kent & Simon Guttmann (ed.), The Future of Inflation Targeting Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Paul Jackman, 2002. "The Reserve Bank's external communications," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 65, March.
- Barro, Robert J. & Gordon, David B., 1983.
"Rules, discretion and reputation in a model of monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 101-121.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1983. "Rules, Discretion and Reputation in a Model of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 1079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernard J Laurens & Marco Arnone & Jean-François Segalotto, 2006. "The Measurement of Central Bank Autonomy; Survey of Models, Indicators, and Empirical Evidence," IMF Working Papers 06/227, International Monetary Fund.
- J. De Haan & F. Amtenbrink & S.C.W. Eijffinger, 1999.
"Accountability of central banks: aspects and quantification,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 52(209), pages 169-193.
- J. De Haan & F. Amtenbrink & S.C.W. Eijffinger, 1999. "Accountability of central banks: aspects and quantification," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 52(209), pages 169-193.
- de Haan, J. & Amtenbrink, F. & Eijffinger, S.C.W., 1998. "Accountability of Central Banks : Aspects and Quantification," Discussion Paper 1998-54, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- JoAnne Morris & Tonny Lybek, 2004. "Central Bank Governance; A Survey of Boards and Management," IMF Working Papers 04/226, International Monetary Fund.
- Scott Roger & Mark R. Stone, 2005. "On Target? the International Experience with Achieving Inflation Targets," IMF Working Papers 05/163, International Monetary Fund.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester C.W. & Geraats, Petra M., 2006.
"How transparent are central banks?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester C W & Geraats, Petra M, 2002. "How Transparent are Central Banks?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3188, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Geraats, P., 2006. "How transparent are central banks?," Other publications TiSEM b34dfb1f-520f-4787-a08f-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Geraats, P.M., 2004. "How Transparent Are Central Banks?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0411, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Anita Tuladhar, 2005. "Governance Structures and Decision-Making Roles in Inflation-Targeting Central Banks," IMF Working Papers 05/183, International Monetary Fund.
- Alain Ize, 2005. "Capitalizing Central Banks: A Net Worth Approach," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(2), pages 289-310, September.
- Clive Briault & Andrew Haldane & Mervyn King, 1996. "Independence and Accountability," Bank of England working papers 49, Bank of England.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch & John C. Williams, 2008.
"Revealing the Secrets of the Temple: The Value of Publishing Central Bank Interest Rate Projections,"
NBER Chapters,in: Asset Prices and Monetary Policy, pages 247-289
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch & John C. Williams, 2006. "Revealing the secrets of the temple: the value of publishing central bank interest rate projections," Working Paper Series 2006-31, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch & John C. Williams, 2006. "Revealing the Secrets of the Temple: The Value of Publishing Central Bank Interest Rate Projections," NBER Working Papers 12638, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jérôme Vandenbussche, 2006. "Elements of Optimal Monetary Policy Committee Design," IMF Working Papers 06/277, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael Woodford, 2005.
"Central bank communication and policy effectiveness,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Aug, pages 399-474.
- Michael Woodford, 2005. "Central Bank Communication and Policy Effectiveness," NBER Working Papers 11898, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas Laxton & Alasdair Scott & David Rose, 2009. "Developing a Structured Forecasting and Policy Analysis System to Support Inflation-Forecast Targeting (IFT)," IMF Working Papers 09/65, International Monetary Fund.
- Seth B. Carpenter, 2004. "Transparency and monetary policy: what does the academic literature tell policymakers?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-35, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Turgut Kisinbay & Eric Parrado & Rodolfo Maino & Jorge I Canales Kriljenko, 2006.
"Setting the Operational Framework for Producing Inflation Forecasts,"
IMF Working Papers
06/122, International Monetary Fund.
- Jorge Canales-Kriljenko & Turgut Kisinbay & Rodolfo Maino & Eric Parrado, 2006. "Setting the Operational Framework for Producing Inflation Forecasts," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 362, Central Bank of Chile.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1972. "Expectations and the neutrality of money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-124, April.
- Paul Conway, 2000. "Monetary policy in an uncertain world," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 63, September.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1995. "Central-Bank Independence Revisited," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 201-206, May.
- Peter Stella, 2005. "Central Bank Financial Strength, Transparency, and Policy Credibility," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(2), pages 335-365, September.
- Guy Debelle & Stanley Fischer, 1994. "How independent should a central bank be?," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 38, pages 195-225.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Yetman, 2018. "The perils of approximating fixed-horizon inflation forecasts with fixed-event forecasts," BIS Working Papers 700, Bank for International Settlements.
- Mordecai Avriel & Jens Hilscher & Alon Raviv, 2013.
"Inflation Derivatives Under Inflation Target Regimes,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(10), pages 911-938, October.
- Mordecai Avriel & Jens Hilscher & Alon Raviv, 2012. "Inflation Derivatives Under Inflation Target Regimes," Working Papers 43, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Jenish Nurbek & Kyrgyzbaeva Asel, 2012. "On the Possibility of Inflation Targeting in Kyrgyzstan," EERC Working Paper Series 12/10e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Camille Cornand & Cheick Kader M'baye, 2016.
"Band or Point Inflation Targeting? An Experimental Approach,"
1616, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Camille Cornand & Cheick Kader M'Baye, 2016. "Band or Point Inflation Targeting? An Experimental Approach," Working Papers halshs-01313095, HAL.
- Camille Cornand & Cheick Kader M'Baye, 2016. "Band or Point Inflation Targeting? An Experimental Approach," Post-Print halshs-01411438, HAL.
- Anna Samarina & Mirre Terpstra & Jakob De Haan, 2014. "Inflation targeting and inflation performance: a comparative analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(1), pages 41-56, January.
- Evzen Kocenda & Balazs Varga, 2016.
"The impact of monetary strategies on inflation persistence,"
KIER Working Papers
938, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- EvÅ¾en Kocenda & BalÃ¡zs Varga, 2017. "The Impact of Monetary Strategies on Inflation Persistence," CESifo Working Paper Series 6306, CESifo Group Munich.
- International Monetary Fund, 2010. "Weathering the Global Storm; The Benefits of Monetary Policy Reform in the LA5 Countries," IMF Working Papers 10/292, International Monetary Fund.
- Héctor Cuasquer & René Maldonado, 2011. "Microfinanzas y microcrédito en Latinoamérica," Boletín, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(4), pages 179-193, Octubre-d.
- Pierre L. Siklos, 2008. "Inflation Targeting Around the World," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(6), pages 17-37, November.
- Dimas M. Fazio & Benjamin M. Tabak & Daniel O. Cajueiro, 2014. "Inflation Targeting and Banking System Soundness: A Comprehensive Analysis," Working Papers Series 347, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- repec:lpe:efijnl:201609 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fazio, Dimas M. & Tabak, Benjamin M. & Cajueiro, Daniel O., 2015. "Inflation targeting: Is IT to blame for banking system instability?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 76-97.
- Petreski, Marjan, 2013. "Inflation targeting at the crossroads: Evidence from post-communist economies during the crisis," MPRA Paper 47018, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jorge Iván Canales-Kriljenko & Luis I. Jácome H. & Ali Alichi & Ivan Luis de Oliveira Lima, 2011. "Sorteando la tormenta mundial: beneficios de la reforma de política monetaria en cinco países latinoamericanos," Boletín, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(4), pages 194-226, Octubre-d.
- Fujiki, Hiroshi & Uchida, Hirofumi, 2011. "Inflation target and debt management of local government bonds," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 178-189.
- Kateøina Šmídková & Aleš Bulíø, 2007.
"Striving to Be “Clearly Open” and “Crystal Clear”: Monetary Policy Communication of the CNB,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver),
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 57(11-12), pages 540-557, December.
- Ales Bulir & Katerina Smídková, 2008. "Striving to Be “Clearly Open” and “Crystal Clear”; Monetary Policy Communication of the CNB," IMF Working Papers 08/84, International Monetary Fund.
- Alexandra Born & Sarwat Jahan & Edward R Gemayel, 2011. "What Can Low-Income Countries Expect From Adopting Inflation Targeting?," IMF Working Papers 11/276, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:spt:admaec:v:8:y:2018:i:1:f:8_1_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pierre L. Siklos, 2008. "Inflation Targeting Around the World," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 44(6), pages 17-37, November.
- Alberto Naudon & Andrés Pérez, 2017. "An Overview of Inflation-Targeting Frameworks: Institutional Arrangements, Decision-making, & the Communication of Monetary Policy," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 811, Central Bank of Chile.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2007. "The Ottawa Group after Ten Meetings: Future Priorities," Economics working papers diewert-07-11-16-12-30-23, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 16 Nov 2007.
More about this item
KeywordsCentral banks; Central banks and their policies; Inflation targeting; Monetary policy; Transparency; inflation; central bank; inflation target;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2007-05-04 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2007-05-04 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2007-05-04 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:06/278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.