Credit Flows, Fiscal Policy, and the External Deficit of Bosnia and Herzegovina
This paper develops and estimates a model of the trade balance of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Credit flows and the fiscal stance are found to play a significant role in determining the trade balance. On this basis the paper discusses the trade-offs between monetary and fiscal policy settings needed to achieve a clear downward path for the large current account deficit of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jones, John B, 2003.
" The Dynamic Effects of Firm-Level Borrowing Constraints,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(5), pages 743-62, October.
- John Bailey Jones, 2000. "The Dynamic Effects of Firm Level Borrowing Constraints," Discussion Papers 00-02, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Fuerst, Timothy S., 1992. "Liquidity, loanable funds, and real activity," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 3-24, February.
- Christiano, Lawrence J & Eichenbaum, Martin, 1995.
"Liquidity Effects, Monetary Policy, and the Business Cycle,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(4), pages 1113-36, November.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum, 1992. "Liquidity effects, monetary policy, and the business cycle," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 70, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Martin Eichenbaum & Lawrence J. Christiano, 1992. "Liquidity Effects, Monetary Policy, and the Business Cycle," NBER Working Papers 4129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum, 1992. "Liquidity effects, monetary policy and the business cycle," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 92-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 2000.
"Identifying the macroeconomic effect of loan supply shocks,"
00-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Peek, Joe & Rosengren, Eric S & Tootell, Geoffrey M B, 2003. " Identifying the Macroeconomic Effect of Loan Supply Shocks," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(6), pages 931-46, December.
- PEEK Joe & M.B. TOOTELL Geoffrey & ROSENGREN Eric S., . "Identifying the Macroeconomic Effect of Loan Supply Shocks," EcoMod2003 330700118, EcoMod.
- Stock, James H & Wright, Jonathan H & Yogo, Motohiro, 2002. "A Survey of Weak Instruments and Weak Identification in Generalized Method of Moments," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(4), pages 518-29, October.
- James H. Stock & Jonathan Wright, 2000. "GMM with Weak Identification," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1055-1096, September.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2002.
"Assessing the Lucas critique in monetary policy models,"
Working Paper Series
2002-02, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Rudebusch, Glenn D, 2005. "Assessing the Lucas Critique in Monetary Policy Models," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(2), pages 245-72, April.
- Kishan, Ruby P & Opiela, Timothy P, 2000. "Bank Size, Bank Capital, and the Bank Lending Channel," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(1), pages 121-41, February.
- Li, Victor E, 2000. "Household Credit and the Monetary Transmission Mechanism," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 335-56, August.
- Bayoumi, Tamim, 1998.
"Estimating Trade Equations from Aggregate Bilateral Data,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1970, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tamim Bayoumi, 1999. "Estimating Trade Equations From Aggregate Bilateral Data," IMF Working Papers 99/74, International Monetary Fund.
- Hansen, Bruce E & West, Kenneth D, 2002. "Generalized Method of Moments and Macroeconomics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(4), pages 460-69, October.
- Bussière, Matthieu & Fratzscher, Marcel & Müller, Gernot J., 2004. "Current accounts dynamics in OECD and EU acceding countries - an intertemporal approach," Working Paper Series 0311, European Central Bank.
- Letendre, Marc-Andre, 2004.
"Semi-parametric predictions of the intertemporal approach to the current account,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 363-386, December.
- M-A. Letendre, 2002. "Semi-Parametric Predictions of the Intertemporal Approach to the Current Account," Department of Economics Working Papers 2002-01, McMaster University.
- Goldstein, Morris & Khan, Mohsin S., 1985. "Income and price effects in foreign trade," Handbook of International Economics, in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 20, pages 1041-1105 Elsevier.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1990. "Liquidity and interest rates," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 237-264, April.
- Tihomir Stucka, 2004. "The Effects of Exchange Rate Change on the Trade Balance in Croatia," IMF Working Papers 04/65, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:06/276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.