The Macroeconomics of Remittances; The Case of Tajikistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Solimano, Andres, 2003. "Remittances by Emigrants: Issues and Evidence," WIDER Working Paper Series 089, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Solimano, Andrés, 2003. "Remittances by emigrants: issues and evidence," Macroeconomía del Desarrollo 26, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp & Samir Jahjah, 2005.
"Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(1), pages 55-81, April.
- Samir Jahjah & Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp, 2003. "Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?," IMF Working Papers 03/189, International Monetary Fund.
- Rapoport, Hillel & Docquier, Frederic, 2006. "The Economics of Migrants' Remittances," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Jacques Bouhga-Hagbe, 2004. "A Theory of Workers' Remittances with An Application to Morocco," IMF Working Papers 04/194, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hussain, Mushahid, 2013. "Migrants’ Remittances and State Behaviour in the Neoliberal Era," EY International Congress on Economics I (EYC2013), October 24-25, 2013, Ankara, Turkey 227, Ekonomik Yaklasim Association.
- de Haas, Hein, 2009. "Mobility and Human Development," MPRA Paper 19176, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hrushikesh Mallick, 2008. "Do remittances impact the economy? Some empirical evidences from a developing economy," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 407, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Natalie Zotova & Jeffrey H. Cohen, 2016. "Remittances and their social meaning in Tajikistan," Remittances Review, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 1(1), pages 5-16, October.
- Patricia Justino & Olga Shemyakina, 2012.
"Remittances and labor supply in post-conflict Tajikistan,"
IZA Journal of Labor & Development,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-28, December.
- Patricia Justino & Olga Shemyakina, 2010. "Remittances and Labor Supply in Post-Conflict Tajikistan," Research Working Papers 35, MICROCON - A Micro Level Analysis of Violent Conflict.
- Patricia Justino & Olga Shemyakina, 2010. "Remittances and Labor Supply in Post-Conflict Tajikistan," HiCN Working Papers 83, Households in Conflict Network.
- Jouini, Jamel, 2015. "Economic growth and remittances in Tunisia: Bi-directional causal links," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 355-373.
- Richard Pomfret, 2009. "Central Asia after Two Decades of Independence," School of Economics Working Papers 2009-32, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- International Monetary Fund, 2006. "Russian Federation; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 06/430, International Monetary Fund.
- Safaa Tabit & Charaf-Eddine Moussir, 2017. "Impact Of Migrants' Remittances On Economic Growth: Case Of Morocco," Post-Print hal-01449502, HAL.
- Barbara Dietz, 2010. "Migration and Remittances in Macedonia : A Review," Working Papers 281, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Tigran A. Melkonyan & David A. Grigorian, 2008. "Microeconomic Implications of Remittances in an Overlapping Generations Model with Altruism and Self-Interest," IMF Working Papers 08/19, International Monetary Fund.
- Okayo Alphonsine COULIBALY, 2016. "Les Motivations Microéconomiques Des Transferts De Fonds Au Burkina Faso : La Culture Est-Elle Déterminante ?," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 43, pages 187-208.
- Ivakhnyuk, Irina, 2009. "Russian Migration Policy and Its Impact on Human Development," MPRA Paper 19196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sami Ben Mim (ERUDITE) & Fatma Mabrouk (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113), 2011. "Remittances and economic growth: what channels of transmission? (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-28, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Iuliia Kuntsevych, 2017. "Remittances in Ukraine Using Household Data," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp590, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Kalaj, Ermira Hoxha, 2010. "Remittances and Human Capital Investment: Evidence from Albania," MPRA Paper 49210, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Meurs, Mieke & Slavchevska, Vanya, 2014. "Doing it all: Women’s employment and reproductive work in Tajikistan," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 786-803.
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:57:y:2012:i:01:n:s021759081250004x is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank Group, 2015. "Labor Migration and Welfare in the Kyrgyz Republic (2008-2013)," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22960, The World Bank.
- Hrushikesh Mallick, 2009. "Do Remittances Impact the Economy? Some Empirical Evidences from A Developing Economy," Working Papers id:2199, eSocialSciences.
- Cristian ÎNCALŢĂRĂU & Liviu-George MAHA, 2012. "The impact of remittances on consumption and investment in Romania," Eastern Journal of European Studies, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 3, pages 61-86, December.
- Iuliia Kuntsevych, 2017. "Remittances, Spending and Political Instability in Ukraine," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp583, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00152 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sophia Kan, 2016. "Improving health in Tajikistan: remittances trump other income," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 206, Courant Research Centre PEG.
More about this item
KeywordsLabor mobility; Remittances; Tajikistan; Workers remittances; international migration; migration; banking; banking system; impact of remittances; Open Economy Macroeconomics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2006-03-05 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-TRA-2006-03-05 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:06/2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .