Financial Integration in Asia: Recent Developments and Next Steps
This Working Paper brings together three papers prepared as background for discussions at the Second High-Level Conference on Asian Integration cohosted by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and the IMF on May 25, 2006. The first documents recent trends in the intraregional flow of goods and capital and explores linkages between real and financial integration. The second focuses on the institutional and regulatory reforms needed to reap the benefits-and contain the risks-of financial integration in Asia. The third considers the implications of economic integration for the choice of the exchange rate regime and the conduct of macroeconomic policies.
|Date of creation:||01 Aug 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA|
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Louis Combes & Tahsin Saadi-Sedik, 2006.
"How does trade openness influence budget deficits in developing countries?,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(8), pages 1401-1416.
- Jean-Louis Combes & Tahsin Saadi-Sedik, 2006. "How Does Trade Openness Influence Budget Deficits in Developing Countries?," IMF Working Papers 06/3, International Monetary Fund.
- Jean-Louis Combes & Tahsin Saadi Sedik, 2006. "How Does Trade Openness Influence Budget Deficits in Developing Countries?," Post-Print hal-00023333, HAL.
- Robert N McCauley, 2001.
"Setting Monetary Policy in East Asia: Goals, Developments and Institutions,"
RBA Annual Conference Volume,
in: David Gruen & John Simon (ed.), Future Directions for Monetary Policies in East Asia
Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Robert N McCauley, 2002. "Setting Monetary Policy in East Asia: Goals, Developments and Institutions," Occasional Papers, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number occ33.
- Clifford R Dammers & Robert N McCauley, 2006. "Basket weaving: the euromarket experience with basket currency bonds," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- David Hauner & Manmohan S. Kumar, 2005. "Financial Globalization and Fiscal Perfomance in Emerging Markets," IMF Working Papers 05/212, International Monetary Fund.
- Koichiro Kamada & Izumi Takagawa, 2005.
"Policy coordination in East Asia and across the Pacific,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 275-306, December.
- Koichiro Kamada & Izumi Takagawa, 2005. "Policy Coordination in East Asia and across the Pacific," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d05-101, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Koichiro Kamada & Izumi Takagawa, 2005. "Policy Coordination in East Asia and across the Pacific," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 05-E-4, Bank of Japan.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:06/196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.