Fundamentals-Based Estimation of Default Probabilities - A Survey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Glenn Hoggarth & Steffen Sorensen & Lea Zicchino, 2005. "Stress tests of UK banks using a VAR approach," Bank of England working papers 282, Bank of England.
- Veronica Balzarotti & Michael Falkenheim & Andrew Powell, 2002. "On the Use of Portfolio Risk Models and Capital Requirements in Emerging Markets: The Case of Argentina," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 16(2), pages 197-212, August.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Schuermann, Til & Treutler, Bjorn-Jakob & Weiner, Scott M., 2006.
"Macroeconomic Dynamics and Credit Risk: A Global Perspective,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(5), pages 1211-1261, August.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Til Schuermann & Björn-Jakob Treutler & Scott M. Weiner & April, "undated". "Macroeconomic Dynamics and Credit Risk: A Global Perspective," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 03-13, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Til Schuermann & Björn-Jakob Treutler & Scott M. Weiner & M. Hashem Pesaran, 2003. "Macroeconomic Dynamics and Credit Risk: A Global Perspective," CESifo Working Paper Series 995, CESifo.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Schuermann, T. & Treutler, B-J. & Weiner, S.M., 2003. "Macroeconomic Dynamics and Credit Risk: A Global Perspective," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0330, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Samuel Hanson & Til Schuermann, 2004. "Estimating probabilities of default," Staff Reports 190, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Nickell, Pamela & Perraudin, William & Varotto, Simone, 2000. "Stability of rating transitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 203-227, January.
- Gabriel Jiménez & Jesús Saurina, 2006.
"Credit Cycles, Credit Risk, and Prudential Regulation,"
International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 2(2), May.
- Gabriel Jiménez & Jesús Saurina, 2005. "Credit cycles, credit risk, and prudential regulation," Working Papers 0531, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Jesus, Saurina & Gabriel, Jimenez, 2006. "Credit Cycles, Credit Risk, and Prudential Regulation," MPRA Paper 718, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1989.
"Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 14-31, March.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1988. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, And Business Fluctuations," SSRI Workshop Series 292693, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Social Systems Research Institute.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, September.
- Lucas, Robert Jr, 1976. "Econometric policy evaluation: A critique," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 19-46, January.
- Hamerle, Alfred & Liebig, Thilo & Scheule, Harald, 2004. "Forecasting Credit Portfolio Risk," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2004,01, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Lando, David & Skodeberg, Torben M., 2002. "Analyzing rating transitions and rating drift with continuous observations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 423-444, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rodolfo Maino & Kalin I Tintchev, 2012. "From Stress to Costress; Stress Testing Interconnected Banking Systems," IMF Working Papers 12/53, International Monetary Fund.
- Per Asberg Sommar & Hovick Shahnazarian, 2009. "Interdependencies between Expected Default Frequency and the Macro Economy," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 5(3), pages 83-110, September.
- Åsberg Sommar, Per & Shahnazarian, Hovick, 2008. "Macroeconomic Impact on Expected Default Frequency," Working Paper Series 219, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Dietske Simons & Ferdinand Rolwes, 2009. "Macroeconomic efault Modeling and Stress Testing," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 5(3), pages 177-204, September.
- Nguenang, Christian & Kamgna, Sévérin yves & Tinang, Nzeusseu Jules, 2010. "Une approche Macroprudentielle du risque systémique en zone CEMAC [A Macro-prudential approach of systemic risk in CEMAC zone]," MPRA Paper 25632, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Oda, 2013. "Introducing Liquidity Risk in the Contingent-Claim Analysis for the Banks," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 681, Central Bank of Chile.
- Dale F. Gray & Carlos J. García & Leonardo Luna & Jorge E. Restrepo, 2011.
"Incorporating Financial Sector Risk Into Monetary Policy Models: Application to Chile,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Rodrigo Alfaro (ed.),Financial Stability, Monetary Policy, and Central Banking, edition 1, volume 15, chapter 6, pages 159-197,
Central Bank of Chile.
- Dale Gray & Carlos García T. & Leonardo Luna B. & Jorge E. Restrepo L., 2009. "Incorporating Financial Sector Risk Into Monetary Policy Models: Application to Chile," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 12(2), pages 11-33, August.
- Dale F. Gray & Carlos Garcia & Leonardo Luna & Jorge Restrepo, 2009. "Incorporation financial sector risk into monetary policy models: application to Chile," ILADES-UAH Working Papers inv229, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Business.
- Dale Gray & Carlos García & Leonardo Luna & Jorge E. Restrepo, 2009. "Incorporating Financial Sector Risk into Monetary Policy Models: Application to Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 553, Central Bank of Chile.
- Leonardo Luna & Dale F Gray & Jorge Restrepo & Carlos Garcia, 2011. "Incorporating Financial Sector Risk Into Monetary Policy Models; Application to Chile," IMF Working Papers 11/228, International Monetary Fund.
- Antonella Foglia, 2009. "Stress Testing Credit Risk: A Survey of Authorities' Aproaches," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 5(3), pages 9-45, September.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Hainz, Christa, 2010.
"Default rates in the loan market for SMEs: Evidence from Slovakia,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 133-147, June.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Christa Hainz & Anton Malesich, 2006. "Default Rates in the Loan Market for SMEs: Evidence from Slovakia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp854, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Christa Hainz, 2009. "Default Rates in the Loan Market for SMEs: Evidence from Slovakia," ifo Working Paper Series 72, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Andreas Sachs, 2013. "Governance Structures in Europe. WWWforEurope Deliverable No. 2," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 47023, August.
- Sara Maccaferri & Jessica Cariboni & Wim Schoutens, 2013. "Levy Processes and the Financial Crisis: Can We Design a More Effective Deposit Protection?," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 4(1), pages 5-28, January.
- Céline Gauthier & Zhongfang He & Moez Souissi, 2010. "Understanding Systemic Risk: The Trade-Offs between Capital, Short-Term Funding and Liquid Asset Holdings," Staff Working Papers 10-29, Bank of Canada.
- Cristina Maria Triandafil & Petre Brezeanu, 2009. "Exploring the Link between Idiosyncratic and Fundamental Indicators. Evidence on CEE Corporate Segment," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 1(1), pages 027-034, December.
- Pesola, Jarmo, 2007. "Financial fragility, macroeconomic shocks and banks' loan losses : evidence from Europe," Research Discussion Papers 15/2007, Bank of Finland.
- Miroslav Misina & David Tessier, 2008. "Non-Linearities, Model Uncertainty, and Macro Stress Testing," Staff Working Papers 08-30, Bank of Canada.
- Yurchenko, Yurii, 2019. "The impact of macroeconomic factors on collateral value within the framework of expected credit loss calculation," MPRA Paper 97135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bas van Aarle, 2013. "Surveillance and Control of Fiscal Consolidation on a Supranational Level. WWWforEurope Working Paper No. 46," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 47021, August.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit controls; Econometric models; Economic models; Financial stability; Default probabilities; scoring models; ratings models; probabilities; probability; banking; forecasting; bankrupt; Forecasting and Other Model Applications; Financial Economics: General; Econometric Modeling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:06/149. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.