Using the Balance Sheet Approach in Surveillance; Framework, Data Sources, and Data Availability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2002.
"Fear of Floating,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(2), pages 379-408.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2000. "Fear of Floating," NBER Working Papers 7993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2002. "Fear of floating," MPRA Paper 14000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2001. "Fear of Floating: Exchange Rate Flexibility Indices," MPRA Paper 13196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff & Miguel A. Savastano, 2003.
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 34(1), pages 1-74.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff & Miguel A. Savastano, 2003. "Debt Intolerance," NBER Working Papers 9908, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2004. "Debt intolerance: Executive summary," MPRA Paper 13398, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth & Savastano, Miguel, 2003. "Debt intolerance," MPRA Paper 13932, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:rus:hseeco:123922 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian B. Mulder & Matthieu Bussière, 1999. "External Vulnerability in Emerging Market Economies; How High Liquidity Can Offset Weak Fundamentals and the Effects of Contagion," IMF Working Papers 99/88, International Monetary Fund.
- Brad Setser & Nouriel Roubini & Christian Keller & Mark Allen & Christoph B. Rosenberg, 2002. "A Balance Sheet Approach to Financial Crisis," IMF Working Papers 02/210, International Monetary Fund.
- Morris Goldstein & Philip Turner, 2004. "Controlling Currency Mismatches in Emerging Markets," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 373.
- Manuel De la Rocha & Roberto Perrelli & Christian B. Mulder, 2002. "The Role of Corporate, Legal and Macroeconomic Balance Sheet Indicators in Crisis Detection and Prevention," IMF Working Papers 02/59, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cussen, Mary, 2017. "Identifying Inter-Sectoral Exposures in Ireland using Network Analysis," Economic Letters 03/EL/17, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Li, Cheng, 2017. "China’s Household Balance Sheet: Accounting Issues, Wealth Accumulation, and Risk Diagnosis," MPRA Paper 79838, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- International Monetary Fund, 2013. "Guatemala; Selected Issues and Analytical Notes," IMF Staff Country Reports 13/248, International Monetary Fund.
- Barbara Fritz & Laurissa Mühlich, 2006. "Regional Monetary Integration among Developing Countries: New Opportunities for Macroeconomic Stability beyond the Theory of Optimum Currency Areas?," GIGA Working Paper Series 38, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Haim, Yair & Levy, Roee, 2010. "Using the balance sheet approach in financial stability surveillance: Analyzing the Israeli economy's resilience to exchange rate risk," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 85-102, June.
- Andreas Billmeier & Johan Mathisen, 2006. "Analyzing Balance Sheet Vulnerabilities in a Dollarized Economy; The Case of Georgia," IMF Working Papers 06/173, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2015. "Costa Rica; Selected Issues and Analytical Notes," IMF Staff Country Reports 15/30, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital controls; Capital account; Data analysis; Data collection; Financial crisis; Exchange rate policy surveillance; Financial risk; International financial markets; Risk management; Surveillance; Balance Sheet Approach; external debt; financial corporations; financial instruments; central bank; financial assets; Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics: General; International Economic Order; International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions; International Lending and Debt Problems; International Policy Coordination and Transmission; General Financial Markets: Government Policy and Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2006-08-05 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2006-08-05 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:06/100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .