Aging; Some Pleasant Fiscal Arithmetic
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Estelle James & Gary Ferrier & James H. Smalhout & Dimitri Vittas, 2000.
"Mutual Funds and Institutional Investments: What Is the Most Efficient Way to Set Up Individual Accounts in a Social Security System?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Administrative Aspects of Investment-Based Social Security Reform, pages 77-136
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Estelle James & Gary Ferrier & James Smalhout & Dimitri Vittas, 1999. "Mutual Funds and Institutional Investments: What is the Most Efficient Way to Set Up Individual Accounts in a Social Security System?," NBER Working Papers 7049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James, Estelle & Ferrier, Gary & Smalhout, James & Vittas, Dimitri, 1999. "Mutual funds and institutional investments - what is the most efficient way to set up individual accounts in a social security system?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2099, The World Bank.
- Gregory H. Chun & Brian A. Ciochetti & James D. Shilling, 2000. "Pension-Plan Real Estate Investment in an Asset-Liability Framework," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 28(3), pages 467-491.
- Nicolas R Blancher & François Haas & John Kiff & Oksana Khadarina & Paul S. Mills & Parmeshwar Ramlogan & William Lee & Yoon Sook Kim & Todd Groome & Shinobu Nakagawa, 2006. "The Limits of Market-Based Risk Transfer and Implications for Managing Systemic Risks," IMF Working Papers 06/217, International Monetary Fund.
- Peter A. Diamond, 2000.
"Administrative Costs and Equilibrium Charges with Individual Accounts,"
NBER Chapters,in: Administrative Aspects of Investment-Based Social Security Reform, pages 137-172
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Diamond, 1999. "Administrative Costs and Equilibrium Charges with Individual Accounts," NBER Working Papers 7050, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barr, Nicholas, 2002. "Reforming pensions : myths, truths, and policy choices," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 286, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Axel Boersch-Supan & Florian Heiss & Alexander Ludwig & Joachim Winter, 2003.
"Pension Reform, Capital Markets and the Rate of Return,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 4(2), pages 151-181, May.
- Börsch-Supan, Axel & Heiss, Florian & Winter, Joachim, 2000. "Pension reform, capital markets, and the rate of return," Discussion Papers 589, Institut fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre und Statistik, Abteilung fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre.
- Florian Heiss & Alexander Ludwig & Joachim Winter, 2002. "Pension reform, capital markets, and the rate of return," MEA discussion paper series 02023, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Börsch-Supan, Axel H. & Heiss, Florian & Ludwig, Alexander & Winter, Joachim, 2003. "Pension reform, capital markets and the rate of return," Munich Reprints in Economics 20200, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Kieran Mc Morrow & Werner Röger, 2003. "Economic and financial market consequences of ageing populations," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 182, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Junning Cai, 2004. "Baby Boom, Asset Market Meltdown and Liquidity Trap," Macroeconomics 0401002, EconWPA.
- James M. Poterba, 2001. "Demographic Structure And Asset Returns," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(4), pages 565-584, November.
- Campbell, John Y. & Viceira, Luis M., 2002. "Strategic Asset Allocation: Portfolio Choice for Long-Term Investors," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296942.
- Martin Feldstein, 2005. "Structural Reform of Social Security," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(2), pages 33-55, Spring.
- Oecd, 2004. "Ageing and Financial Markets," Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2004(1), pages 85-120.
- Alestalo, Noora & Puttonen, Vesa, 2006. "Asset allocation in Finnish pension funds," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 27-44, March.
- Bakshi, Gurdip S & Chen, Zhiwu, 1994. "Baby Boom, Population Aging, and Capital Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67(2), pages 165-202, April.
- Feldstein, Martin, 2005. "Structural Reform of Social Security," Scholarly Articles 2794830, Harvard University Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Heller & David Hauner, 2006. "Fiscal policy in the face of long-term expenditure uncertainties," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 13(4), pages 325-350, August.
- Ignazio Visco & Barry Eichengreen & Gilles Mourre & Declan Costello & Giuseppe Carone & Nuria Diez Guardia & Bartosz Przywara & Aino Salomäki & Vincenzo Galasso & Mark Weth & Sebastian Schich & Etienn, 2007. "Money, Finance and Demography: The Consequences of Ageing," SUERF Colloquium Volumes, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 1 edited by Morten Balling & Ernest Gnan & Frank Lierman.
- Peter S. Heller & David Hauner, 2005. "Characterizing the Expenditure Uncertainties of Industrial Countries in the 21st Century," IMF Working Papers 05/91, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsAging; Fiscal sustainability; OECD countries; public expenditure; expenditure; expenditure growth; total expenditure; National Government Expenditures and Related Policies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2005-10-22 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2005-10-22 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:05/71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .