The Implications of South African Economic Growth for the Rest of Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1992.
"A Sensitivity Analysis of Cross-Country Growth Regressions,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 942-963, September.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1991. "A sensitivity analysis of cross-country growth regressions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 609, The World Bank.
- Luis A. Rivera-Batiz & Paul M. Romer, 1991. "Economic Integration and Endogenous Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 531-555.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995.
"Economic Reform and the Process of Global Integration,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 1-118.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995. "Economic Reform and the Progress of Global Integration," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1733, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Caselli, Francesco & Esquivel, Gerardo & Lefort, Fernando, 1996.
"Reopening the Convergence Debate: A New Look at Cross-Country Growth Empirics,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 363-389, September.
- Francesco Caselli & Gerardo Esquivel & Fernando Lefort, 1997. "Reopening the Convergence Debate: A New Look at Cross-Country Growth Empirics," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 03, Central Bank of Chile.
- Moulton, Brent R, 1990. "An Illustration of a Pitfall in Estimating the Effects of Aggregate Variables on Micro Unit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 334-338, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Diao, Xinshen, 2006. "High value products or staple crops? A discussion on development strategies for Southern Africa," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21094, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Olivier Basdevant & Andrew Jonelis & Borislava Mircheva & Slavi Slavov, 2015. "The Mystery of Missing Real Spillovers in Southern Africa: Some Facts and Possible Explanations," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 83(3), pages 371-389, September.
- René m. Bakker & Leon a.g. Oerlemans & Tinus Pretorius, 2008. "Domestic And International Innovation Partnerships: Do They Matter For Innovation Outcomes Of South African Firms?," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 76(3), pages 518-536, September.
- Michele Alessandrini & Michael Enowbi Batuo, 2010.
"The trade specialization of SANE: Evidence from manufacturing industries,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics,
Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 7(1), pages 145-178, June.
- Alessandrini, Michele & Enowbi Batuo, Michael, 2008. "The Trade Specialization of SANE:Evidence from Manufacturing Industries," MPRA Paper 13216, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Massimiliano Bertollo & Omar Appolloni & Juana Bustamante Izquierdo & Francesco De Angelis & Edoardo Lelli & Slavko Vesenjak, 2009. "China and the Different Regional Approaches in Africa," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 16(2), pages 404-420, June.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Diao, Xinshen, 2008.
"Exploring Growth Linkages and Market Opportunities for Agriculture in Southern Africa,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 23, pages 104-137.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Diao, Xinshen, 2006. "Exporing growth linkages and market opportunities for agriculture in Southern Africa:," DSGD discussion papers 42, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nadeem Ilahi & Riham Shendy, 2008. "Do the Gulf Oil-Producing Countries Influence Regional Growth? The Impact of Financial and Remittance Flows," IMF Working Papers 08/167, International Monetary Fund.
- Alain Kabundi, 2009.
"Synchronisation Between South Africa And The U.S.: A Structural Dynamic Factor Analysis,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Alain Kabundi, 2007. "Synchronization between South Africa and the U.S.: A Structural Dynamic Factor Analysis," Working Papers 50, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Laura N. Beny & Lisa D. Cook, 2009. "Metals or Management? Explaining Africa's Recent Economic Growth Performance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 268-274, May.
- Francesca Giubilo, 2010. "What Could be the Future of South Africa After National Elections on 22 April 2009?," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 16(4), pages 948-961, February.
- Marco Pani & Etibar Jafarov & Clinton R. Shiells, 2005. "Is Russia Still Driving Regional Economic Growth?," IMF Working Papers 05/192, International Monetary Fund.
- Kabundi, Alain & Loots, Elsabe, 2007. "Co-movement between South Africa and the Southern African Development Community: An empirical analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 737-748, September.
- Glass, Anthony J. & Kenjegalieva, Karligash & Ajayi, Victor & Adetutu, Morakinyo & Sickles, Robin C., 2016. "Relative Winners and Losers from Efficiency Spillovers in Africa with Policy Implications for Regional Integration," Working Papers 16-003, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Jaime Espinosa-Bowen & Nadeem Ilahi & Fahad Alturki, 2009. "How Russia Affects the Neighborhood - Trade, Financial, and Remittance Channels," IMF Working Papers 09/277, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica; Economic growth; Sub-Saharan Africa; economic integration; gdp per capita; gdp growth; real gdp; International Economic Order; Economic Growth of Open Economies; Economywide Country Studies: Africa;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2005-10-22 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2005-10-22 (Development)
- NEP-INT-2005-10-22 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:05/58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .