Hedging Foreign Exchange Risk in Chile; Markets and Instruments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Niclas Hagelin, 2003. "Why firms hedge with currency derivatives: an examination of transaction and translation exposure," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 55-69.
- Ricardo Caballero & Kevin Cowan & Jonathan Kearns, 2005.
"Fear of Sudden Stops: Lessons From Australia and Chile,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 313-354.
- Ricardo Caballero & Kevin Cowan & Jonathan Kearns, 2004. "Fear of Sudden Stops: Lessons from Australia and Chile," NBER Working Papers 10519, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Kevin Cowan & Jonathan Kearns, 2005. "Fear of Sudden Stops: Lessons from Australia and Chile," Research Department Publications 4363, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Jonathan Kearns & Ricardo J. Caballero & Kevin Cowan, 2004. "Fear of Sudden Stops: lessons from Australia and Chile," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 185, Econometric Society.
- Ricardo J Caballero & Kevin Cowan & Jonathan Kearns, 2004. "Fear of Sudden Stops: Lessons from Australia and Chile," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2004-03, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Moguillansky, Graciela, 2002. "Non-Financial Corporate Risk Management and Exchange Rate Volatility in Latin America," WIDER Working Paper Series 030, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Conrad, Jennifer, 1989. " The Price Effect of Option Introduction," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 487-498, June.
- Dominguez, Kathryn M.E. & Tesar, Linda L., 2006. "Exchange rate exposure," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 188-218, January.
- World Bank & International Monetary Fund, 2004. "Financial Sector Assessment : Chile," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15819, The World Bank.
- Hoa Nguyen & Robert Faff, 2002. "On The Determinants of Derivative Usage by Australian Companies," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 27(1), pages 1-24, June.
- Garman, Mark B. & Kohlhagen, Steven W., 1983. "Foreign currency option values," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 231-237, December.
- Viviana Fernández, 2002. "The Derivatives Markets in Latin America with an Emphasis on Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 128, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Detemple, Jerome & Jorion, Philippe, 1990. "Option listing and stock returns : An empirical analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 781-801, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shotar, M.M. & El-Mefleh, M.A., 2009. "Economic Exposure To Exchange Rates In Jordan Companies: A Monthly Econometric Model Of The Rate Of Return Of Firms, 2004-2007," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Jose M. Berrospide, 2008. "Exchange rates, optimal debt composition, and hedging in small open economies," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-18, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lourdes Treviño, 2005. "Development and volume growth of organized derivatives trade in emerging markets," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(2), pages 31-82, November.
- Sweta Saxena & Agustin Villar, 2008. "Hedging instruments in emerging market economies," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Financial globalisation and emerging market capital flows, volume 44, pages 71-87 Bank for International Settlements.
- Erwin Hansen S. & Stuart Hyde, 2013. "Determinants of corporate exchange rate exposure in Chilean firms," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 16(3), pages 70-88, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCurrencies; International financial markets; Chile; Foreign exchange; derivatives market; forward contracts; currency options; hedging; exchange rate; hedge; General Financial Markets: General (includes Measurement and Data); General Financial Markets;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2005-10-22 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2005-10-22 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-IFN-2005-10-22 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:05/37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .