Macroeconomic Determinants of Remittances; Evidence from India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp & Samir Jahjah, 2005.
"Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(1), pages 55-81, April.
- Samir Jahjah & Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp, 2003. "Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?," IMF Working Papers 03/189, International Monetary Fund.
- Lucas, Robert E B & Stark, Oded, 1985. "Motivations to Remit: Evidence from Botswana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 901-918, October.
- Poonam Gupta & James P. F. Gordon, 2003. "Portfolio Flows Into India; Do Domestic Fundamentals Matter?," IMF Working Papers 03/20, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsBalance of payments; India; Remittances; Workers remittances; oil prices; migration; determinants of remittances; International Factor Movements and International Business: General;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2006-03-05 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2006-03-05 (Development)
- NEP-FDG-2006-03-05 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-MAC-2006-03-05 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:05/224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .