Increasing Public Sector Revenue in the Philippines; Equity and Efficiency Considerations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2001. "Philippines : Filipino Report Card on Pro-Poor Services," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14022, The World Bank.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Hossain, Shaikh I., 1998. "The combined incidence of taxes and public expenditures in the Philippines," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 963-977, June.
- Nigel A Chalk, 2001. "Tax Incentives in The Philippines; A Regional Perspective," IMF Working Papers 01/181, International Monetary Fund.
- Kent Matthews & Jean Lloyd-Williams, 2000. "Have VAT rates reached their limit?: an empirical note," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 111-115.
- Zee, Howell H. & Stotsky, Janet G. & Ley, Eduardo, 2002. "Tax Incentives for Business Investment: A Primer for Policy Makers in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1497-1516, September.
- Benedict J. Clements & Sanjeev Gupta & Hong-Sang Jung, 2003. "Real and Distributive Effects of Petroleum Price Liberalization; The Case of Indonesia," IMF Working Papers 03/204, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Locke Newhouse & Daria V Zakharova, 2007. "Distributional Implications of the VAT Reform in the Philippines," IMF Working Papers 07/153, International Monetary Fund.
- Emmanuel S. de Dios et al, 2005. "The economy on a cusp : the proposed VAT amendments and their larger significance," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 200505, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity; Excises; Public sector; Philippines; Taxation; revenue; incidence; VAT; tax incentives; tax administration; tax system; tax rates; tax revenue; Subsidies and Revenue; National Government Expenditures and Related Policies; National Budget; Deficit; and Debt;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:05/22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .