The Impact on India of Trade Liberalization in the Textiles and Clothing Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David L. Hummels & Georg Schaur, 2013. "Time as a Trade Barrier," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(7), pages 2935-2959, December.
- Richard Avisse & Michel Fouquin, 2001. "Textiles and Clothing: the End of Discriminatory Protection," La Lettre du CEPII, CEPII research center, issue 198.
- International Monetary Fund, 2005.
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; What Are the Consequences of China’s WTO Entry for India’s Trade?,"
IMF Working Papers
05/101, International Monetary Fund.
- Valerie Cerra & Sandra A. Rivera & Sweta C. Saxena, 2005. "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: What Are the Consequences of China’s WTO Entry for India’s Trade?," International Trade 0508005, EconWPA.
- Montfort Mlachila & Yongzheng Yang, 2004. "The End of Textiles Quotas; A Case Study of the Impacton Bangladesh," IMF Working Papers 04/108, International Monetary Fund.
- Trela, Irene & Whalley, John, 1990. "Global Effects of Developed Country Trade Restrictions on Textiles and Apparel," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(403), pages 1190-1205, December.
- Spinanger, Dean & Francois, Joseph F. & Glismann, Hans H., 2000. "The Cost of EU Trade Protection in Textiles and Clothing," Kiel Working Papers 997, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Kathuria, Sanjay & Martin, Will & Bhardwaj, Anjali, 2001. "Implications for South Asian countries for abolishing the Multifibre Arrangement," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2721, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Geoffrey N. Keim & Beth Anne Wilson, 2007. "India's future: it's about jobs," International Finance Discussion Papers 913, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Matthew McCartney, 2014. "The Political Economy of Industrial Policy: A Comparative Study of the Textiles Industry in Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 19(Special E), pages 105-134, September.
More about this item
KeywordsExports; India; Trade liberalization; Agreement on Textiles and Clothing; MFA; GTAP; CGE models; clothing exports; exporting countries; export tax; value of exports; Trade: General; Country and Industry Studies of Trade; Trade: Forecasting and Simulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2006-03-05 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2006-03-05 (Development)
- NEP-INT-2006-03-05 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:05/214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .