Capital Account Liberalization, Capital Flow Patterns, and Policy Responses in the EU's New Member States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pekka Sutela, 2002. "Managing capital flows in Estonia and Latvia," Macroeconomics 0209008, EconWPA.
- Cottarelli, Carlo & Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni & Vladkova-Hollar, Ivanna, 2005.
"Early birds, late risers, and sleeping beauties: Bank credit growth to the private sector in Central and Eastern Europe and in the Balkans,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 83-104, January.
- Ivanna Vladkova Hollar & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Carlo Cottarelli, 2003. "Early Birds, Late Risers, and Sleeping Beauties; Bank Credit Growth to the Private Sector in Central and Eastern Europe and in the Balkans," IMF Working Papers 03/213, International Monetary Fund.
- Lusinyan, Lusine & Buch, Claudia M., 2002. "Short-Term Capital, Economic Transformation, and EU Accession," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2002,02, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2001. "Capital Mobility and Economic Performance: Are Emerging Economies Different?," NBER Working Papers 8076, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nancy L Wagner & Dora M Iakova, 2001. "Financial Sector Evolution in the Central European Economies; Challenges in Supporting Macroeconomic Stability and Sustainable Growth," IMF Working Papers 01/141, International Monetary Fund.
- Claudia Buch, 1999. "Capital mobility and EU enlargement," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 135(4), pages 629-656, December.
- Leslie Lipschitz & Alex Mourmouras & Timothy D. Lane, 2002. "Capital Flows to Transition Economies; Master or Servant?," IMF Working Papers 02/11, International Monetary Fund.
- Carlos Arteta & Barry Eichengreen & Charles Wyplosz, 2001.
"When Does Capital Account Liberalization Help More than It Hurts?,"
NBER Working Papers
8414, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arteta, Carlos & Eichengreen, Barry & Wyplosz, Charles, 2001. "When Does Capital Account Liberalization Help More Than it Hurts?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2910, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- M. Buch, Claudia & Hanschel, Elke, 2000.
"The Effectiveness of Capital Controls: The Case of Slovenia,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 15, pages 602-628.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Hanschel, Elke, 1999. "The Effectiveness of Capital Controls - The Case of Slovenia," Kiel Working Papers 933, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Niamh Sheridan & Alfred Schipke & Susan M George & Christian H. Beddies, 2004. "Capital Markets and Financial Intermediation in The Baltics," IMF Occasional Papers 228, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lane, Philip R. & Milesi-Ferretti, Gian Maria, 2007.
"Capital flows to central and Eastern Europe,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 106-123, May.
- Gian M Milesi-Ferretti & Philip R. Lane, 2006. "Capital Flows to Central and Eastern Europe," IMF Working Papers 06/188, International Monetary Fund.
- Philip R. Lane & Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, 2006. "Capital Flows to Central and Eastern Europe," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp161, IIIS.
- repec:kap:openec:v:28:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11079-016-9418-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philip R. Lane, 2008. "The Macroeconomics of Financial Integration: A European Perspective," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp265, IIIS.
- Gehringer, Agnieszka, 2013. "Growth, productivity and capital accumulation: The effects of financial liberalization in the case of European integration," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 291-309.
- Juan Sole & Gabriel Sensenbrenner & Amor Tahari & J. E. J. De Vrijer & Marina Moretti & Patricia D Brenner & Abdelhak S Senhadji, 2007. "Financial Sector Reforms and Prospects for Financial Integration in Maghreb Countries," IMF Working Papers 07/125, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsEuropean Union; Capital account liberalization; Capital flows; EU accession; capital account; capital inflows; current account; Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy; Financial Aspects of Economic Integration;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2006-03-05 (European Economics)
- NEP-FMK-2006-03-05 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-TRA-2006-03-05 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:05/213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .