Strengthening IMF Crisis Prevention
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Swati R. Ghosh & Atish R. Ghosh, 2003. "Structural Vulnerabilities and Currency Crises," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 50(3), pages 1-7.
- Yongseok Shin & Rachel Glennerster, 2003. "Is Transparency Good for You, and Can the IMF Help?," IMF Working Papers 03/132, International Monetary Fund.
- Vijay Kelkar & Vikash Yadav & Praveen Chaudhry, 2004. "Reforming the Governance of the International Monetary Fund," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(5), pages 727-743, May.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Graciela L. Kaminsky, 1999.
"The Twin Crises: The Causes of Banking and Balance-of-Payments Problems,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 473-500, June.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996. "The twin crises: the causes of banking and balance-of-payments problems," International Finance Discussion Papers 544, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 2000.
"Las crisis gemelas: las causas de los problemas bancarios y de balanza de pagos
[The twin crises: Te causes of banking and balance of payments problems]," MPRA Paper 13842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 1999. "The twin crises: The causes of banking and balance of payments problems," MPRA Paper 14081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Manasse, Paolo & Roubini, Nouriel, 2009. ""Rules of thumb" for sovereign debt crises," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 192-205, July.
- Tito Cordella & Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 2006. "A (New) Country Insurance Facility," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 1-36, May.
- Michael D. Bordo & Barry Eichengreen, 1998.
"Implications of the Great Depression for the Development of the International Monetary System,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Defining Moment: The Great Depression and the American Economy in the Twentieth Century, pages 403-454
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo & Barry Eichengreen, 1997. "Implications of the Great Depression for the Development of the International Monetary System," NBER Working Papers 5883, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bordo, Michael D & Eichengreen, Barry, 1997. "Implications of the Great Depression for the Development of the International Monetary System," CEPR Discussion Papers 1680, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Walter B. Wriston, 1998. "Dumb Networks and Smart Capital," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 17(3), Winter.
- Charles W. Calomiris, 1998. "The IMF's Imprudent Role As Lender of Last Resort," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 17(3), pages 275-294, Winter.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 2005. "Institutional Reform and Sovereign Debt Crises," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 25(1), pages 17-24, Winter.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Levine, Ross, 2004.
"Bank regulation and supervision: what works best?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 205-248, April.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio Jr., Gerard & Levine, Ross, 2001. "Bank regulation and supervision : what works best?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2725, The World Bank.
- James R. Barth & Gerard Caprio, Jr. & Ross Levine, 2002. "Bank Regulation and Supervision: What Works Best?," NBER Working Papers 9323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James M. Boughton, 2004. "The IMF and the force of History; Ten Events and Ten Ideas that Have Shaped the Institution," IMF Working Papers 04/75, International Monetary Fund.
- Mehrez, Gil & Kaufmann, Daniel, 2000. "Transparency, liberalization, and banking crisis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2286, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fratzscher, Marcel & Reynaud, Julien, 2011.
"IMF surveillance and financial markets--A political economy analysis,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 405-422, September.
- Marcel Fratzscher & Julien Reynaud, 2010. "IMF Surveillance and Financial Markets - A Political Economy Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 3089, CESifo Group Munich.
- Barry Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta & Ashoka Mody, 2008.
"Sudden Stops and IMF-Supported Programs,"
NBER Chapters,in: Financial Markets Volatility and Performance in Emerging Markets, pages 219-266
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta & Ashoka Mody, 2006. "Sudden Stops and IMF-Supported Programs," NBER Working Papers 12235, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry J. Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta & Ashoka Mody, 2006. "Sudden Stops and IMF-Supported Programs," IMF Working Papers 06/101, International Monetary Fund.
- Presbitero, Andrea F. & Zazzaro, Alberto, 2012. "IMF Lending in Times of Crisis: Political Influences and Crisis Prevention," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 1944-1969.
- Daniel Kapp, 2012. "The optimal size of the European Stability Mechanism: A cost-benefit analysis," DNB Working Papers 349, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- C. Randall Henning, 2011. "Coordinating Regional and Multilateral Financial Institutions," Working Paper Series WP11-9, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Jorge Carrera & Luis N. Lanteri, 2007. "Macroeconomic Shocks and Financial Vulnerability," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(48), pages 13-71, July - Se.
- Jeronimo Zettelmeyer & Jonathan David Ostry & Olivier D Jeanne, 2008.
"A Theory of International Crisis Lending and IMF Conditionality,"
IMF Working Papers
08/236, International Monetary Fund.
- Jeanne, Olivier & Ostry, Jonathan D & Zettelmeyer, Jeromin, 2008. "A Theory of International Crisis Lending and IMF Conditionality," CEPR Discussion Papers 7022, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bessma Momani, 2007. "IMF staff: Missing link in fund reform proposals," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 39-57, March.
- World Bank, 2008. "Country Insurance : Reducing Systemic Vulnerabilities in Latin America and the Caribbean," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8010, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsExchange rate policy surveillance; Crisis prevention; International Monetary Fund; IMF surveillance; capital markets; crisis lending; financial crises; capital inflows; International Economic Order; International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions; International Lending and Debt Problems;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2006-03-05 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-IFN-2006-03-05 (International Finance)
- NEP-MON-2006-03-05 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:05/206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .