Pity the Finance Minister; Issues in Managing a Substantial Scaling-Up of Aid Flows
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael A. Clemens & Steven Radelet, 2003. "The Millennium Challenge Account: How Much is Too Much, How Long is Long Enough?," Working Papers 23, Center for Global Development.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Boyce, 2008. "Post-Conflict Recovery: Resource Mobilization and Peacebuilding," Working Papers wp159, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Volker Clausen & Hannah Schürenberg-Frosch, 2009. "Aid, Spending Strategies and Productivity Effects – A Multi-sectoral CGE Analysis for Zambia," Ruhr Economic Papers 0127, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Elisa Cavatorta, 2010.
"Unobserved Common Factors In Military Expenditure Interactions Across Mena Countries,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 301-316.
- Elisa Cavatorta, 2010. "Unobserved common factors in military expenditure interactions across MENA countries," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1001, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Sylviane GUILLAUMONT JEANNENEY & Patrick GUILLAUMONT, 2006.
"Big Push versus Absorptive Capacity: How to Reconcile the Two Approaches,"
- Patrick Guillaumont & Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney, 2011. "Big Push versus Absorptive Capacity: How to Reconcile the Two Approaches," Working Papers halshs-00564565, HAL.
- Patrick Guillaumont & Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney, 2010. "Big Push versus Absorptive Capacity: How to Reconcile the Two Approaches," Working Papers id:3000, eSocialSciences.
- Patrick Guillaumont & Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney, 2007. "Big Push versus Absorptive Capacity. How to reconcile the Two Approaches," Post-Print hal-00204840, HAL.
- Guillaumont, Patrick & Guillaumont Jeanneney, Sylviane, 2007. "Big Push versus Absorptive Capacity: How to Reconcile the Two Approaches," WIDER Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney & Patrick Guillaumont, 2010. "Big Push versus Absorptive Capacity. How to Reconcile the Two Approaches?," Post-Print hal-00488690, HAL.
- Pedro M. G. Martins, 2010. "Aid Absorption and Spending in Africa: A Panel Cointegration Approach," Working Paper Series 1010, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Josepa Miquel-Florensa, 2007. "Optimal Incentives in Dynamic Multiple Project Contracts," Working Papers 2007_2, York University, Department of Economics.
- Margaret Chitiga & Ramos Mabugu & Hélène Maisonnave, 2016.
"Analysing job creation effects of scaling up infrastructure spending in South Africa,"
Development Southern Africa,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 186-202, March.
- Hélène Maisonnave & Ramos Mabugu & Margaret Chitiga & Véronique Robichaud, 2013. "Analysing Job Creation Effects of Scaling Up Infrastructure Spending in South Africa," Cahiers de recherche 1310, CIRPEE.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0127 is not listed on IDEAS
- James Boyce, 2007. "Public Finance, Aid and Post-Conflict Recovery," Working Papers wp140, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Gaoussou Diarra, 2011.
"Aid unpredictability and absorptive capacity: analyzing disbursement delays in Africa,"
AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 1004-1017.
- Gaoussou Diarra, 2011. "Aid unpredictability and absorptive capacity: analyzing disbursement delays in Africa," Post-Print halshs-00601344, HAL.
- Kiringai, Jane & Levin, Jorgen, 2008. "Achieving the MDGs in Kenya with some aid and reallocation of public expenditures," Working Papers 2008:10, Örebro University, School of Business.
- Annalisa Fedelino & Gerd Schwartz & Marijn Verhoeven, 2006. "Aid Scaling Up; Do Wage Bill Ceilings Stand in the Way?," IMF Working Papers 06/106, International Monetary Fund.
- Clausen, Volker & Schürenberg-Frosch, Hannah, 2012.
"Aid, spending strategies and productivity effects: A multi-sectoral CGE analysis for Zambia,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2254-2268.
- Clausen, Volker & Schürenberg-Frosch, Hannah, 2009. "Aid, Spending Strategies and Productivity Effects – A Multi-sectoral CGE Analysis for Zambia," Ruhr Economic Papers 127, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- International Monetary Fund, 2006. "Mali; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 06/88, International Monetary Fund.
- Feeny, Simon & de Silva, Ashton, 2012. "Measuring absorptive capacity constraints to foreign aid," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 725-733.
- Thierry Tressel & Alessandro Prati, 2006. "Aid Volatility and Dutch Disease; Is There a Role for Macroeconomic Policies?," IMF Working Papers 06/145, International Monetary Fund.
- George Mavrotas & Bazoumana Ouattara, 2007. "Aid Modalities and Budgetary Response: Panel Data Evidence," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 143(4), pages 720-741, December.
- James K. Boyce, 2007. "Public finance, aid and post-conflict recovery," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2007-09, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Bernard Walters, 2007. "The Fiscal Implications of Scaling up ODA to Deal with the HIV/AIDS Pandemic," Conference Paper 3, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Ahortor, Christian R.K. & Adenutsi, Deodat E., 2008. "The impact of remittances on economic growth in small-open developing economies," MPRA Paper 37109, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Buffie, Edward F. & O'Connell, Stephen A. & Adam, Christopher, 2010. "Fiscal inertia, donor credibility, and the monetary management of aid surges," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 287-298, November.
More about this item
KeywordsDutch disease; Development assistance; Fiscal policy; Foreign aid; Aid donors; aid flows; exchange rate; real exchange rate; foreign exchange; Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents: General; Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development; Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:05/180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .