Bank Behavior in Developing Countries; Evidence from East Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barajas, Adolfo & Steiner, Roberto & Salazar, Natalia, 2000. "The impact of liberalization and foreign investment in Colombia's financial sector," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 157-196, October.
- Gianni De Nicolo & Patrick Honohan & Alain Ize, 2003.
"Dollarization of the Banking System; Good or Bad?,"
IMF Working Papers
03/146, International Monetary Fund.
- De Nicolo, Gianni & Honohan, Patrick & Ize, Alain, 2003. "Dollarization of the banking system : good or bad?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3116, The World Bank.
- Claude Barfield, 1996. "International Financial Markets," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 52695.
- Clarke, George R. G. & Cull, Robert & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2001. "Does foreign bank penetration reduce access to credit in developing countries"evidence from asking borrowers," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2716, The World Bank.
- Petya Koeva Brooks, 2003. "The Performance of Indian Banks During Financial Liberalization," IMF Working Papers 03/150, International Monetary Fund.
- Ephraim W. Chirwa & Montfort Mlachila, 2002. "Financial Reforms and Interest Rate Spreads in the Commercial Banking System in Malawi," IMF Working Papers 02/6, International Monetary Fund.
- Beck, Thorsten & Fuchs, Michael, 2004. "Structural issues in the Kenyan financial system: improving competition and access," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3363, The World Bank.
- Claessens, Stijn & Demirguc-Kunt, Asl[iota] & Huizinga, Harry, 2001. "How does foreign entry affect domestic banking markets?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 891-911, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kessy, Pantaleo, 2011. "Dollarization in Tanzania: empirical evidence and cross-country experience," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 36381, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Laetitia Lepetit & Clovis Rugemintwari & Frank Strobel, 2015.
"Monetary, Financial and Fiscal Stability in the East African Community: Ready for a Monetary Union?,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(8), pages 1179-1204, August.
- Laetitia Lepetit & Clovis Rugemintwari & Frank Strobel, 2012. "Monetary, Financial and Fiscal Stability in the East African Community: Ready for a Monetary Union?," Working Papers hal-00916699, HAL.
- Laetitia Lepetit & Clovis Rugemintwari & Frank Strobel, 2015. "Monetary, Financial and Fiscal Stability in the East African Community: Ready for a Monetary Union?," Post-Print hal-01134835, HAL.
- Thorsten Beck & Michael Fuchs & Dorothe Singer & Makaio Witte, 2014. "Making Cross-Border Banking Work for Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 20248, June.
- Thorsten Beck & Samuel Munzele Maimbo & Issa Faye & Thouraya Triki, 2011. "Financing Africa : Through the Crisis and Beyond," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2355.
- Kodongo, Odongo & Natto, Dinah & Biekpe, Nicholas, 2015. "Explaining cross-border bank expansion in East Africa," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 71-84.
- Beck, Thorsten & Hesse, Heiko, 2009. "Why are interest spreads so high in Uganda?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 192-204, March.
- International Monetary Fund, 2004. "Rwanda; Selected Issues and Statistical Appendix," IMF Staff Country Reports 04/383, International Monetary Fund.
- Hesse, Heiko, 2007. "Financial intermediation in the pre-consolidated banking sector in Nigeria," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4267, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsEast Africa; Africa; Banks; financial sector reforms; banking; international banks; financial sector; financial system; foreign exchange; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2005-10-22 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2005-10-22 (Development)
- NEP-FMK-2005-10-22 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:05/129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .