A Cross-Country Nonparametric Analysis of Bahrain’s Banking System
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Grigorian David & Manole Vlad, 2013. "Cross-Country Nonparametric Analysis of Bahrains Banking System," Acta Universitatis Sapientiae, Economics and Business, Sciendo, vol. 1(1), pages 23-38, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Isik, Ihsan & Kabir Hassan, M., 2003. "Financial deregulation and total factor productivity change: An empirical study of Turkish commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1455-1485, August.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997.
"Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- David A Grigorian & Vlad Manole, 2006.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Performance in Transition: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 48(3), pages 497-522, September.
- David A. Grigorian & Vlad Manole, 2002. "Determinants of Commercial Bank Performance in Transition; An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis," IMF Working Papers 02/146, International Monetary Fund.
- Grigorian, David A. & Manole, Vlad, 2002. "Determinants of commercial bank performance in transition - an application of data envelopment analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2850, The World Bank.
- E. Nur Ozkan-Gunay & Arzu Tektas, 2006. "Efficiency Analysis Of The Turkish Banking Sector In Precrisis And Crisis Period: A Dea Approach," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(3), pages 418-431, July.
- Ana Lozano-Vivas & Jesús T. Pastor & Iftekhar Hasan, 2001. "European Bank Performance Beyond Country Borders: What Really Matters?," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 5(1-2), pages 141-165.
- Daniel StavÃ¡rek, 2006. "Banking Efficiency in the Context of European Integration," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(4), pages 5-31, August.
- Rezvanian, Rasoul & Mehdian, Seyed, 2002. "An examination of cost structure and production performance of commercial banks in Singapore," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 79-98, January.
- Göran Bergendahl, 1998. "DEA and benchmarks – an application to Nordic banks," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 82(0), pages 233-250, August.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohammad Hanif Akhtar, 2010. "Are Saudi banks productive and efficient?," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 95-112, June.
- Samir Srairi, 2010. "Cost and profit efficiency of conventional and Islamic banks in GCC countries," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 45-62, August.
- David Grigorian & Vlad Manole, 2017.
"Sovereign risk and deposit dynamics: evidence from Europe,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(29), pages 2851-2860, June.
- David Grigorian & Vlad Manole, 2016. "Sovereign risk and deposit dynamics:evidence from Europe," Working Papers Rutgers University, Newark 2016-003, Department of Economics, Rutgers University, Newark.
- David A. Grigorian & Vlad Manole, 2016. "Sovereign Risk and Deposit Dynamics; Evidence from Europe," IMF Working Papers 16/145, International Monetary Fund.
- Mohanty, Sunil K. & Lin, Hong-Jen & Aljuhani, Eid A. & Bardesi, Hisham J., 2016. "Banking efficiency in Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries: A comparative study," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 99-107.
- May Y Khamis & Abdullah Al-Hassan & Nada Oulidi, 2010. "The GCC Banking Sector; Topography and Analysis," IMF Working Papers 10/87, International Monetary Fund.
- Jill Johnes & Marwan Izzeldin & Vasileios Pappas, 2012. "A comparison of performance of Islamic and conventional banks 2004 to 2009," Working Papers 12893801, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
More about this item
KeywordsBahrain; Data Envelopment Analysis; banking efficiency; banking; banking sector; offshore banking; linear programming; Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2005-10-22 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-FIN-2005-10-22 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2005-10-22 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:05/117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .