Who Controls the Budget; The Legislature or the Executive?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ian Lienert, 2003. "A Comparison Between Two Public Expenditure Management Systems in Africa," OECD Journal on Budgeting, OECD Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 35-66.
- W. Krafchik & J. Wehner, 1998. "The Role of Parliament in the Budgetary Process," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 66(4), pages 242-255, December.
- Ian Lienert, 2003. "A Comparison Between Two Public Expenditure Management Systems in Africa," IMF Working Papers 03/2, International Monetary Fund.
- Luc E. Leruth & Dominique Bouley & Jerome Fournel, 2002. "How Do Treasury Systems Operate in Sub-Saharan Francophone Africa?," IMF Working Papers 02/58, International Monetary Fund.
- Meyer, Steven A & Naka, Shigeto, 1998. "Legislative Influences in Japanese Budgetary Politics," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 94(3-4), pages 267-288, March.
- George Kopits & Steven A. Symansky, 1998. "Fiscal Policy Rules," IMF Occasional Papers 162, International Monetary Fund.
- Steven Meyer & Shigeto Naka, 1998. "Legislative influences in Japanese budgetary politics," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 94(3), pages 267-288, March.
- Tsebelis, George, 1995. "Decision Making in Political Systems: Veto Players in Presidentialism, Parliamentarism, Multicameralism and Multipartyism," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 289-325, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2010. "The Breakup of the Euro Area," NBER Chapters,in: Europe and the Euro, pages 11-51 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abidemi C. Adegboye & Joel Edafe & Samuel Iweriebor, 2016. "Budget And Political Institutions And Budgetary Performance," Oradea Journal of Business and Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 72-82, September.
- World Bank, 2008. "Costa Rica - Public Expenditure Review : Enhancing the Efficiency of Expenditures," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8122, The World Bank.
- Ian Lienert, 2007. "British Influences on Commonwealth Budget Systems; The Case of the United Republic of Tanzania," IMF Working Papers 07/78, International Monetary Fund.
- Hallerberg, Mark & Wolff, Guntram B., 2006. "Fiscal institutions, fiscal policy and sovereign risk premia," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2006,35, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- repec:jle:journl:125 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsLegislation; Fiscal policy; Separation; Legislature; executive; presidential; parliament; budget; power; annual budget; budget law; fiscal rules; budget systems; budget authority; Structure; Scope; and Performance of Government; Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents: General; National Government Expenditures and Related Policies: General; Governmental Property; Basic Areas of Law: General (Constitutional Law); Legal Procedure; the Legal System; and Illegal Behavior: General; Other Economic Systems: Other; Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2005-10-22 (Public Economics)
- NEP-POL-2005-10-22 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:05/115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .