Migration and Foreign Remittances in the Philippines
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stark, Oded & Helmenstein, Christian & Prskawetz, Alexia, 1997. "A brain gain with a brain drain," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 227-234, August.
- Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp & Samir Jahjah, 2005.
"Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(1), pages 55-81, April.
- Samir Jahjah & Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp, 2003. "Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?," IMF Working Papers 03/189, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert E. B. Lucas, 2001. "Diaspora and Development: Highly Skilled Migrants from East Asia," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-120, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Mohammed El Qorchi & Samuel Munzele Maimbo & John F. Wilson, 2003. "Informal Funds Transfer Systems; An Analysis of the Informal Hawala System," IMF Occasional Papers 222, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aubrey D. Tabuga, 2007. "International Remittances and Household Expenditures : The Philippine Case," Development Economics Working Papers 22698, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ducanes, Geoffrey. & Abella, Manolo I., 2008. "Overseas Filipino workers and their impact on household employment decisions," ILO Working Papers 994112263402676, International Labour Organization.
- Aysit Tansel & Pinar Yasar, 2010.
"Macroeconomic impact of remittances on output growth: Evidence from Turkey,"
Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 7(2), pages 132-143, October.
- Aysit Tansel & Pinar Yasar, 2010. "Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances on Output Growth: Evidence from Turkey," ERC Working Papers 1002, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jun 2010.
- Aysit Tansel & Pinar Yasar, 2010. "Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances on Output Growth: Evidence From Turkey," Working Papers 2010/12, Turkish Economic Association.
- Tansel, Aysit & Ya?ar, P?nar, 2010. "Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances on Output Growth: Evidence from Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 5376, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aysit Tansel & Pinar Yasar, 2011. "Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances on Output Growth: Evidence from Turkey," Working Papers 586, Economic Research Forum, revised 05 Jan 2011.
- Cristela Dakila & Francisco G. Dakila Jr., "undated". "Modeling the Impact of Overseas Filipino Workers Remittances on the Philippine Economy," EcoMod2006 272100014, EcoMod.
- Robert Shelburne & Jose Palacin, 2007. "Remittances in the CIS: Their Economic Implications and a New Estimation Procedure," ECE Discussion Papers Series 2007_5, UNECE.
- Alvin P. Ang, 2007. "Workers’ Remittances and Economic Growth in the Philippines," DEGIT Conference Papers c012_029, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Leonardo Di Marco & Olga Marzovilla & Luciano Nieddu, 2015. "The Role Of Remittances On The Business Cycle: The Case Of The Philippines," RIEDS - Rivista Italiana di Economia, Demografia e Statistica - Italian Review of Economics, Demography and Statistics, SIEDS Societa' Italiana di Economia Demografia e Statistica, vol. 69(3), pages 119-130, July-Sept.
- Safaa Tabit & Charaf-Eddine Moussir, 2017. "Impact Of Migrants' Remittances On Economic Growth: Case Of Morocco," Post-Print hal-01449502, HAL.
- Luca Marchiori & Patrice Pieretti & Benteng Zo, 2008.
"Brain Drain, Remittances, and Fertility,"
CEPII research center, issue 115, pages 9-42.
- Luca Marchiori & Patrice Pieretti & Benteng Zou, 2008. "Brain Drain, Remittances, and Fertility," CREA Discussion Paper Series 08-04, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Marchiori, Luca & Pieretti, Patrice & Zou, Benteng, 2011. "Brain drain, remittances, and fertility," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 408, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Imad El Hamma, 2016. "Linking Remittances with Financial Development and Institutions: A Study from Selected MENA Countries," GREDEG Working Papers 2016-38, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Qayyum, Abdul & Javid, Muhammad & Arif, Umaima, 2008. "Impact of Remittances on Economic Growth and Poverty: Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 22941, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ziesemer, Thomas H.W., 2012. "Worker remittances, migration, accumulation and growth in poor developing countries: Survey and analysis of direct and indirect effects," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 103-118.
- Edsel L. Beja Jr, 2011.
"Do international remittances cause Dutch disease?,"
Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 8(2), pages 132-140, October.
- Beja, Edsel Jr., 2010. "Do international remittances cause Dutch disease?," MPRA Paper 23230, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beja, Edsel Jr., 2010. "Do international remittances cause Dutch disease?," MPRA Paper 39302, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edsel, Beja Jr, 2010. "Do international remittances cause Dutch disease?," MPRA Paper 23022, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic stabilization; Migration; Philippines; Remittances; growth; stabilization; remittance; remittance flows; equation; International Factor Movements and International Business: General; Household Behavior; International Factor Movements and International Business;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2005-10-22 (Development)
- NEP-SEA-2005-10-22 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:05/111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .