Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; What Are the Consequences of China's WTO Entry for India'S Trade
One of the most significant recent developments in world trade has been the entry of China into the World Trade Organization (WTO). This paper examines the implications of China's WTO accession for India's trade, using both econometrics and computable general equilibrium (CGE) models. The paper analyzes how India stands to lose or gain from China's WTO entry in terms of both the direct and competitive channels.
|Date of creation:||01 May 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cerra, Valerie & Saxena, Sweta Chaman, 2003. "How responsive is Chinese export supply to market signals?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 350-370.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 2001. "WTO accession and China's agriculture," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 405-408.
- Shafaeddin, S. M., 2004. "Is China's accession to WTO threatening exports of developing countries?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 109-144, January.
- Elena Ianchovichina & Will Martin, 2004.
"Impacts of China's Accession to the World Trade Organization,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 18(1), pages 3-27.
- Ianchovichina, Elena & Martin, William, 2003. "Economic impacts of China's accession to the World Trade Organization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3053, The World Bank.
- Aziz Elbehri & Thomas Hertel & Will Martin, 2003. "Estimating the Impact of WTO and Domestic Reforms on the Indian Cotton and Textile Sectors: a General-Equilibrium Approach," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 343-359, 08.
- IANCHOVICHINA Elena & WALMSLEY Terrie, .
"Impact of China’s WTO Accession on East Asia,"
- Nicolas R. Blancher & Thomas Rumbaugh, 2004. "China; International Trade and WTO Accession," IMF Working Papers 04/36, International Monetary Fund.
- Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott & Zhang, Linxiu, 2001. "WTO and agriculture: radical reforms or the continuation of gradual transition," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 397-401.
- Ianchovichina, Elena & Walmsley, Terrie, 2003.
"The impact of China's WTO accession on East Asia,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3109, The World Bank.
- Barry Eichengreen & Yeongseop Rhee & Hui Tong, 2004. "The Impact of China on the Exports of Other Asian Countries," NBER Working Papers 10768, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:05/101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.